Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Veloster (non-turbo ) all of the interior lights work except for the dome light can't figure out why? It just stopped working one day I have double checked to make sure both the bulb & fuse are good and don't know what to do next ? The only thing I can think of is possibly I'm checking the wrong fuse could someone help me identify the correct fuse location for the dome light? Or has anyone else had an issue like this?

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Veloster, but all the interior lamps are usually powered from the same fuse.

Is the lamp fitted with an incandescent bulb or is it LED? LEDs are polarity sensitive so if it's an LED bulb you might need to remove it and refit it the opposite way round.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Does it have a 3-position switch? Always Off-Normal-Always ON...check that!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a 3 position switch tried every position and is an oem bulb and switched the bulb to a different location to make sure the bulb was good and it was. I talked to an electrician recently that said it could possibly be a loose negative ground for that particular light don't have a clue where that would be though I removed the fixture from the roof and there is no negative ground wireless connection above the headliner

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
...it could be the socket itself that is bad. Use a plastic pen or 'sicle stick and see if the spring contact at the base will compress and return.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
I talked to an electrician recently that said it could possibly be a loose negative ground for that particular light
Unlikely, since there are two independent grounds for that lamp. One ground is used to switch the lamp on when you open a door, and the other is a permanent ground that switches the lamp on when you manually set the switch to 'ON'. Since lamp doesn't work regardless of what position the switch is in that would mean both grounds would need to be bad which seems a bit unlikely.

Of course, it would only take the electrician a few minutes to check it with his meter/test light and he'd be able to tell you exactly what the problem is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts