Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Hyundai Sonata.
Son came home last night with a trail of oil behind him. When I popped the hood, the front of the engine, fan, alternator, underside of the engine were all pretty much covered in oil. Have searched high and low trying to see where it came from with no luck. Definitely looks like it was a medium to high pressure leak that blew into the fan which covered basically everything. Replaced the oil and ran the car to normal temp and can't duplicate the issue. Suggestions? Was told it may be the oil pressure valve, haven't checked that yet.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Not just the 3.3l but the 2.4l as well.
The only really occurring issue I have had with my '05 Optima is the valve cover leaking and then hitting the exhaust manifold and giving off a burning oil smell at times.

So far I have tried 2 different gasket sets and I am going to try a FelPro set next.
The last set I even tried using silicone on the mating surfaces and it still leaked a little.

But a valve cover leak would not produce the symptoms that OP first described.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.