Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you encountered like 8 beeps occurring but no visual queues like icons displaying on the dash or LCD screen displaying any information. I have a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited with the Ultimate package. It did it once, and I noticed no ill effects. Just weird.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you encountered like 8 beeps occurring but no visual queues like icons displaying on the dash or LCD screen displaying any information. I have a 2017 Sonata Hybrid Limited with the Ultimate package. It did it once, and I noticed no ill effects. Just weird.
That sounds like Forward Collision Warning (FCW) alert. Does this happen only while you're in motion, and is moving at a high speed towards a shadowed area (underpass)? The car thinks you're about to crash and tries to warn you. Happens to me all the time. Keep an eye on the center screen on the instrument cluster next time it happens, it should prompt an alert.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my thought too, but my Dash LCD didn't display an alert. Perhaps it did and I didn't see it, after all I'm getting old. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was not using the GPS, but I am due for Sirius subscription to end. I will check during my break. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was not using the GPS, but I am due for Sirius subscription to end. I will check during my break. Thanks.
Ah which reminds me, do you have favorites saved in the GPS? Check those favorite entries and review their "Sound" toggle. If toggled on (which is the default when you add any favs), the GPS will beep without any prompts or indicators when you get within half a mile of those favorites.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I will check my favorites. My subscription Sirius did expire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts