Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The bluetooth module allows you to start/stop lock/unlock the car and control the other settings of the MyKey system. The bluetooth module also makes it easier to change the settings of the MyKey. Yes you have to be in bluetooth range. I'm having issues with mine that I have been in contact with Kim about, he is sending me a new bluetooth module to see if that is the issue. It is a very, very simple install. I also installed a backup camera yesterday with the display rearview mirror.
Thanks, Jason - that's what I figured. I don't know if that will be valuable as I would never be in range with my phone but out of range of the remote.

I keep hearing the install is super simple, so that's good, but I used to install remote starts, etc. professionally, so the install doesn't really scare me - but the time savings is super valuable.

What camera/mirror did you get? This is what I'm thinking about (I can't post the full-link since I'm new, but you can copy and paste the ones below in your browser and they'll work):
Mirror:
amazon.com/dp/B01KDT4XWS/?coliid=I1GV1AOSOV86C9&colid=3LQ4KBKV1D8DH&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Camera:
amazon.com/dp/B07H852D49/?coliid=IV89SVX7TOZQK&colid=3LQ4KBKV1D8DH&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

As a bonus, I'm thinking about putting this USB port in the ipod connection next to the cigarette lighter (essentially replacing the existing USB). Then behind the dash, connecting a USB cigarette lighter to plug it into, then hard wiring a cigarette lighter. That way I can have a OEM-looking USB that actually charges my phone.

amazon.com/dp/B078LRSZDB/?coliid=I1P66H5UG62L52&colid=3LQ4KBKV1D8DH&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have basically the same mirror, mine came with a remote that you can adjust the parking lines, color, brightness, and contrast. Also, you can connect another video input to it for another camera. I purchased the camera replaces a plate light, it doesn't have a wide viewing angle but it works for what I need.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think the only difference between the mirrors is one is auto-dimming and the other isn't. I looked at that style of camera too, but like you mentioned, I read some reviews that said the viewing angle isn't as good as others. Are you able to turn the parking lines on the camera off so you can use the adjustable ones on the mirror? That was the other part of my decision to go with the camera I linked to.

I ordered the remote start from Kim. It was $290 shipped and an extra $60 for the bluetooth module. I'm too late though...it's been fairly warm here in central Texas, but today and tomorrow it's getting back in the 20's from the 60s-80s we've been enjoying for the last few weeks. :(

Oh well, I use the remote start more to have the AC on during the hot summer months, haha.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered the MyKey with bluetooth module, $350 shipped. Currently waiting for it to arrive. Kim was very helpful with my questions. The bluetooth app is on the Google Play Store.
Brother Please can you share the online store that you bought this kit I am really interest on this

·
Registered
1 Posts
MyKey
I just ordered MyKey from Kim last Friday and received it today.
I have a 2016 Elantra MD value edition.
It took me literally 45 minutes to install and remote start my car.
It’s plug n play, nothing else to do.
I highly recommend purchasing this remote start.
I’ll post a video tomorrow of the MyKey in action, I should have recorded my install, but it’s pretty simple but a little challenging.
Definitely worth the $
No splicing of any wires.
can you give me contact of Mr.Kim ? i want buy a mykey for my elantra 2017

41 - 46 of 46 Posts