Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I'm jumping on the wagon. I just ordered mine via paypal invoice. I'm very excited and hoping this is as good as it sounds..

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well I'm jumping on the wagon. I just ordered mine via paypal invoice. I'm very excited and hoping this is as good as it sounds..

MyKey Remote Starter - plug and play. Well I installed mine perfectly as to directions. End result, car has no remote start. I fact, it auto locks the doors when you manually start the car and when you open the door it auto locks after 5 seconds. Even if the fob is in the car. I locked myself out and had to get my spare to get back In. I emailed company, still waiting for a response. Install took a out 50 mins.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Theft?

If it's plug and play, is there any transponder programming required? Based on what I see here, it bypasses the transponder. This presents a security and theft risk, doesn't it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
XTANT12,

I just received mine in 3 days (now $300)....but in reviewing the above, it seems I may need to splice or jumper the ignition switch connector....XTANT12, did you have to do that or did the new plug-n-play wiring harness do all that for you...

AWIS

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm curious on purchasing this remote starter as well, more so for the fact of the use of my stock key fob and the turbo timer. I checked out the website, emailed the company and haven't received a response back. Anyone have a different contact method?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
When I e-mailed inquiring of pricing, they got back to me in 2-3 days. It might depend on what day of the week you sent it or if maybe someone took a vacation...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
XTANT12,

I just received mine in 3 days (now $300)....but in reviewing the above, it seems I may need to splice or jumper the ignition switch connector....XTANT12, did you have to do that or did the new plug-n-play wiring harness do all that for you...

AWIS
Instead of splicing, use a small wire, or portion of a paper clip in a 'U' shape and piggy back the two wires at their connection points in the harness. This is required to use the remote start feature. All other features will work otherwise, however, need to jump two wires at the push button.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered the MyKey with bluetooth module, $350 shipped. Currently waiting for it to arrive. Kim was very helpful with my questions. The bluetooth app is on the Google Play Store.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you leave the defroster for the front window on when you shut the car off, when you use the MyKey will it come on also. Some remote starters need separate wiring.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you leave the defroster for the front window on when you shut the car off, when you use the MyKey will it come on also. Some remote starters need separate wiring.

Only if you wire it to do this, with the orange wire I believe. This is the one wire that needs to be spliced in to make the defrost work...maybe they have changed it since i purchased my unit in 2015.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MyKey installed and works great. They include a wire harness for the push button start now so no splicing or jumping of wires needed there. The bluetooth module works sporadically though. I've been in contact with Kim to try and resolve the issue.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
MyKey installed and works great. They include a wire harness for the push button start now so no splicing or jumping of wires needed there. The bluetooth module works sporadically though. I've been in contact with Kim to try and resolve the issue.
Any pictures of the wire harness? Is it a y-split harness?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The first picture is everything that comes with the MyKey (except the instructions, start button harness, and bluetooth module.) The second photo is of the start button harness. Everything works great (except the bluetooth.) You also dont need to hook up the defroster for the front window if you leave it on when you shut the car off, its only needed for the rear to turn it on when using the MyKey. Hardest part of the installation was taking apart the dash to get to the start button harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
What does the bluetooth module do? Do you have to be in bluetooth range to use it?

I sent them an email through the website, but haven't received a response, so I tried emailing Kim direct today. I'd love to have this on my car. Only two things it doesn't have that I want are remote start and a backup camera.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The bluetooth module allows you to start/stop lock/unlock the car and control the other settings of the MyKey system. The bluetooth module also makes it easier to change the settings of the MyKey. Yes you have to be in bluetooth range. I'm having issues with mine that I have been in contact with Kim about, he is sending me a new bluetooth module to see if that is the issue. It is a very, very simple install. I also installed a backup camera yesterday with the display rearview mirror.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts