Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been in contact with MyKey distributor based in Korea. I purchased the second version of the MyKey Pro unit, now called the MyKey Premium, this is the revised plug and play version. Per the installation pdf provided by the manufacturer it truly is a plug and play system. If you would like defogger or horn to honk on start up/ activation it only requires two or three wires to be t-tapped. unlike many other systems that require you to tap into many (20+) wires, I an hoping this plug and play system will be as flawless as described. Fingers crossed.

::::: M Y K E Y :::::

I have ordered it for $280.00 USD. It ships via EMS (an Asian international postal shipping service, verrrry slow). I will review once received and review once installed.

Curious if anyone else has had any experience with MyKey.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MyKey Premium install attempt #1

Received my MyKey Premium unit yesterday. It truly is a plug and play system--with one modification. I will touch on this at the end.

I started the install but hit a bump in the install. I was able to get under the glove box and remove the panel to reveal the Smart Key control box.

I was able to get the 26 pin connector routed through the new module. Everything hooked up great.

I started to work through the functions of the Smart Key.

Lock Button:

One Click, locks doors and enables alarm.
Two clicks at 1 sec intervals, remote start. Car hazards will flash four times, then car should start up.

I got to this point. The car would flash four times but would not start. It attempts the start three times, then locks and enables the alarm again.

I uninstalled the unit and reinstalled. Same thing happening.

I figured I would keep moving on and see if there were any other functions that didnt work. I tried the Turbo Timer; with the car running, get out with the FOB. Press the lock button. Car should lock. Press the button on the handle and car will beep twice. Car should shut off in 90 seconds. This function worked properly.

So, I contacted MyKey Pro. Kim, who is very quick to respond stated the I must connect two wires together on the existing plug that goes to the smart button push start.

This is the image on the installation manual. The installation says this is recommended to reduce failure of start. However, MyKey stated that this is NECESSARY for the remote start to function.

Because it got dark out I did not have a chance to finish the install. Hopefully tonight and I will be able to give an update.

·
Registered
43 Posts
So how did you order it? I see no ability to order from the site you linked to.

Am I correct in understanding that it is the mykey limited that you ordered that is now being called mykey premium?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how did you order it? I see no ability to order from the site you linked to.

Am I correct in understanding that it is the mykey limited that you ordered that is now being called mykey premium?
I just emailed them and asked them about their products and which one worked for the 2012 hyundai sonata 2.0t push start. requested the plug and play and they were able to take my order over email then pay using paypal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I spoke with Kim. They are testing the Bluetooth app in Korea with GSM. I'm assuming 2 things. You would need some kind of GSM/CDMA cell service like blue link uses and another module and harness that plugs into the accessory section of the mykey.

·
Registered
282 Posts
PGLARSEN,

Any updates you could provide on the Mykey unit?
I'm not going to renew my Bluelink.

I didn't see it mentioned about the range of the FOB when starting.
Could you let us know.
Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PGLARSEN,

Any updates you could provide on the Mykey unit?
I'm not going to renew my Bluelink.

I didn't see it mentioned about the range of the FOB when starting.
Could you let us know.
Thanks,
Bruce
Love the unit! Haven't had any issues. Now that we're into summer I don't use it as often. Mainly got it for the cold cold MN winters.

Range is as far as the fob normally works to lock and unlock your car. It uses your factory fob -- to start, just double click your lock button.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How were you able to open the plastic cover behind the "push start/stop" button? But I'm having difficulty removing those panel. I wanted to connect two wires together on the existing plug that goes to the smart button push start.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
1st post here....

I'm trying to buy this item online and ship to Malaysia... but can't find any online seller anywhere?
Could somebody help me with this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi has anyone else ordered this remote start from MyKey?
Any issues ordering the product?
Simple install?
Seems like more people should be buyin this, but only 2 or 3 of us have, I’m just a litttle skepical

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you, I want to purchase this and I didn’t see much in forums about it.

If it’s plug n play I think more people should be jumping in on this.

No cutting of wires is priceless, no hacking up wire harness and easily removed for warranty services at Stealer

·
Registered
8 Posts
MyKey
I just ordered MyKey from Kim last Friday and received it today.
I have a 2016 Elantra MD value edition.
It took me literally 45 minutes to install and remote start my car.
It’s plug n play, nothing else to do.
I highly recommend purchasing this remote start.
I’ll post a video tomorrow of the MyKey in action, I should have recorded my install, but it’s pretty simple but a little challenging.
Definitely worth the $
No splicing of any wires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sent email, hope they get back to me. I'm interested in the PRO. They have no prices nor buy instructions so I have to wait. I'm very excited.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts