Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have a poll for this "Which interior color do you have?" but I can't seem to find out how.

BLACK
I first saw the black interior in leather, and it was just black. Nothing special. My eyes went straight to the dashboard.
It's a safe color for an interior of any colored car, but I think black leather just becomes too 'old' looking too fast. Also, tears and wears for black leather will show easily, just like how a black exterior car can get dirty easily. That's just my opinion.

GRAY
I saw the gray interior in leather, and it's alright. There are many beautiful grays out there but that wasn't it. It kind of looks like 'plastic' gray. The seats looked hard and not soft in that gray. The gray color on the steering wheel especially made the steering wheel look even more plastic. But I think it works better than black in bringing out more of a character from the dashboard.

WINE
I haven't seen wine interior in real life, but I've seen photos of it, and I've got to say it's totally different from the one shown in hyundai 'build your car' preview. In the preview, it looks pretty sporty and wild, but in the photos I've seen, it's not the same royal purple I imagined. It's almost like the color of an old leather couch that nobody wants anymore. I'm not sure if anyone in this forum has this color. I would like some quality photos to prove me wrong. And believe me, wine was my first choice until I saw actual photos. Again, I have not seen it in real life.

CAMEL
Lastly, I saw the 'yellow' camel interior. It's helll of a lot more brighter than the previews in the hyundai website. That website has GOT to add more realistic photos of their interiors. Even though the camel interior was much brighter than what I imagined, I loved how the bright yellow beige leather looked. The bright colors matched perfectly with the black counterpart. In my opinion, a car's gotta have 3 colors. Exterior, Interior 1, and Interior 2. And they all have to be a great color combination. I think the camel leather interior would be PERFECT with a metallic black exterior car. It would also look great in pearl white exterior as well.

Anyway, me coming from a design school, with a lot of art backgrounds, I've imagined a that the camel interior would go well with iridescent silver blue exterior car. The subtle blue of the bright silver would bring out a beautiful interior of bright camel and a little black to hold everything down in place. So yesterday I've ordered a limited with nav, in iridescent silver blue, with camel interior, without even actually seeing one in that particular combination.

So what colors did you choose and what do you think about the other colors?

·
Registered
385 Posts
We only have one interior colour here in Australia, the black :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really liked the way the gray looks in the SE version. Leather boosters, nice design on the cloth. I have no use for an all leather interior in the hot florida summers.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I really like my gray leather - the interior is multiple shades of gray and black - very sharp. Looks really nice with the Radiant Silver car...

·
Registered
49 Posts
We have the black interior. When we were looking all they had was black or gray colors on hand at that time I liked the black the best. my wife wanted the camel color but since she was getting her pearl white exterior I got the black interior. Wife saw a camel color the other day and as changed her mind loves the black now. :banana:

·
Banned
630 Posts
if I honestly would've known about the wine, I would've asked about it but I am more than happy with my black cloth/leather combo

·
Registered
73 Posts
After having a 2001 Olds Alero with tan leather interior, I wanted a change. The tan looks great at first, but gets dirty and old looking very fast. I love the black/gray SE interior. It has good contrast, the seats are comfortable, and everyone who sees it loves it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I got the camel interior and I love it. Never had a light and dark interior before (i've had an all white interior but that's another story!). I saw the camel interior in other color cars besides black and it just didn't look right. Anything more than three colors just looks tacky and unmatched. Camel with the black on black exterior is perfect for me!

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I have been lurking the lots. Still trying to find a Sonata with Nav so I can play with it.

I want a Venetian Red, but not sure how the light color will hold up to kids. I really like the gray interior but only camel is available for red.

Saw the wine interior and it looked interesting. I only saw it during an overcast day but not so sure it would look good over time. Seems like a trendy color.

Black is safe, but I bet all black leather seats are bit warm in the summer.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jul 2 2010, 09:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338206
I want a Venetian Red, but not sure how the light color will hold up to kids. I really like the gray interior but only camel is available for red.
my Venetian Red has a black interior??? but its an SE, not LTD

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wine red here with Phantom Black exterior.

Shopping for my car in April, wine red was shown in a color swatch sample on Hyundai's website but there were no full interior shots of it. Same with the printed brochure.

I haunted a couple dealers for 2-3 weeks as the cars trickled in, yet a wine red version was never among them. Finally, I saw one on Pearl White w/o nav. It looked great. When the other dealer got a black one w/nav, I pulled the trigger.

Fearing the wine red might look dated quickly, I snapped a photo of the interior of the car I eventually would purchase and showed it to a few women of different ages and personal styles at the office, asking them what they thought and if it would look good long-term. They all gave it a very enthusisatic thumbs-up. Me, I'm just a caveman, what do I know about style, so I gladly deferred to their opinions and I've been super happy with it.

I would never descibe the color as "royal purple," btw.

·
Registered
43 Posts
After looking for a 2011 Sonata for a couple of months, I decided on the Pearl White with the Camel interior. However, I could not find that combination at any dealership within 100 miles. I really was set on the Pearl White exterior. I found a dealer that had a Pearl White but with the Wine interior. I didn't really like the Wine interior espically with the piano black side panels, black headliner and black dash. The car was just too dark for my taste.

I asked if he had ever received a Pearl White with the camel interior and was told that he had only heard of them, but he had not had one in stock yet.

To make a long story short, I purchased the Pearl White with the Wine interior. Every time I got in the car, I felt uncomfortable. I just wasn't happy with that Wine/Black interior.

After about a week, I saw that the dealer that I had purchased my car from had a Pearl White with the Camel interior. I stopped in and took a look. I was totally in awe. It was exactly what I had wanted in the first place. I talked to the dealer about a trade and came up with a deal.

Yes, I lost money on the deal, but I got the car that I wanted. I usually keep cars a minimum of 10 years, and I felt that it was more important to be happy with my purchase than any money I would lose on the deal.

The dealer told me that he was probably the only dealership in the country that had a USED 2011 Sonata in stock. I think he sold my old car within minutes of me purchasing my Pearl White with Camel Interior.

The Camel interior is beautiful. The dash isn't black, but a dark chocolate brown. The side panels are a dark brown wood grain, and the floor mats are also a dark chocolate brown. The headliner is camel as well as the seats. The car is bright and cheery inside instead of dark and gloomy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My dream combo is silver with the camel interior. The black is dull and I HATE the shiny black plastic dash pieces. I also hate one color interiors. Which makes the camel with black accents very appealing. Sadly, the silver doesn't come with the camel. SO I have to go with boring black.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QUOTE (hrustar @ Jul 2 2010, 10:29 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338257
My dream combo is silver with the camel interior. The black is dull and I HATE the shiny black plastic dash pieces. I also hate one color interiors. Which makes the camel with black accents very appealing. Sadly, the silver doesn't come with the camel. SO I have to go with boring black.
check out the iridescent silver blue color exterior.
it's pretty much silver, with a slight hint of light blue. very subtle hint, i didn't even notice it wasn't pure silver until the dealer mentioned it!
and the color changes in different lighting, so i think it's very appealing.
this color will also allow the camel interior.

i know that hyundai once made this color for a short time and they stopped making it until now. so its pretty rare color too

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the look of black leather so that was my first choice. It took over a month to find one in the colors I wanted (Grey or Silver with Black Leather) and I almost went with the grey.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is from the Hyundai Sonata 2011 Brochure (pdf) that I downloaded from the Hyundai website:

We know it isn't entirely accurate since it doesn't show the Iridescent Silver Blue Pearl with Gray Leather interior whiich is what I have.

Maybe we can start listing corrections to this graphic and then correct it as an aid for others?

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (PattyNY811 @ Jul 2 2010, 06:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338171
I really like my gray leather - the interior is multiple shades of gray and black - very sharp. Looks really nice with the Radiant Silver car...
I'll double that!

However the dashboard is very rough texture. it snags lint from a towel, and worse if you hit it with a paper towel. ill have to find some swiffer duster kit for this.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts