Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no idea, its the first time it ever did this, i was sitting at a red light and the car just turned off.. started up and the car started and its been good for now.. what could have been the problem? im going to take it into a dealer tommrow, i just want to know if anyone experienced the same thing before taking it in.. my a/c was on on level 1 lightest, and my radio was turned on at the time if that had to do anything, my batter is also bran new, engine oil everything that has to do with maintainance ive been on the top notch level.. thanks

·
Registered
988 Posts
I had a problem a while ago when i would turn my headlights on my car would stall out, it turned out to be an HID ballast was defective and was making the car bug out when the lights would come on i took it too the dealer and they couldnt figure it out because it wouldnt happen all the time just once in a while the only way i was able to figure it out was one day i was driving and i had the lights set to turn on with the light sensor and when they turned on by them selfs the car died so i figured it out replaced the ballast and never happended since, just thought id shared proboly not the same problem but never know

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Yes, I had the exact same situation as you, downhiller, couple years ago, happened once, but never again. So I guess there's nothing to worry about... I blamed it on the computer, which -- like any computer -- can have an unexpected glitch every now and then.... But I'd be curious to know if your car will produce an error code....

·
Registered
36 Posts
My 06 Slownata with 67,000 miles on it does the stall thing every once and awhile. Nothing wrong with it, the engine just sometimes dies while idiling. I think the idle is just set a bit to low. I have no idea what causes it. It did it twice while still stock. I guess it does it about every 6 months to 9 months.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts