Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two people in the last couple days ask if it was Lexus.

What have people confused your Sonata for?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Anything from a Mercedes to a Lexus to a Jaguar. Mostly people will ask me what it is instead of guessing. Usually while driving it happens 2-3 times a week.

The 2 most laughable were Maserati and Aston Martin.

I would add that most of these people, I'm guessing, are not auto enthusiasts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been told a Lexus, a Mercedes, and a VW CC, but the funniest one so far was just the other night when my wife & daughter walked out of the restaurant ahead of me and I found them waiting to get into the Mercedes next to us in the parking lot.

·
1,914 Posts
QUOTE (DaddyDrew @ Nov 15 2010, 07:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371975
I have been told a Lexus, a Mercedes, and a VW CC, but the funniest one so far was just the other night when my wife & daughter walked out of the restaurant ahead of me and I found them waiting to get into the Mercedes next to us in the parking lot.

That one made me laugh! I am always getting compliments on my car and I was putting stuff in my trunk and I had someone say " hey, I like your ES". One of the ladies at work whose cars I clean has an 08 ES350 and she said my car is so nice and over $10k cheaper than hers was.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I get a lot of puzzled looks with the debadged Sonata. For fun go to http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/compare.aspx and click on photo comparison. I compared the Sonata with the CLS, Camry, Lexus, CC, Infiniti... it has little design elements of a lot of those cars but blends them together well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
QUOTE (armycop @ Nov 15 2010, 08:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372008
I get a lot of puzzled looks with the debadged Sonata. For fun go to http://autos.msn.com/research/compare/compare.aspx and click on photo comparison. I compared the Sonata with the CLS, Camry, Lexus, CC, Infiniti... it has little design elements of a lot of those cars but blends them together well.

nice...this morning a guy at the gas station swore it was an infinity....the most comparisons i had are lexus, mercedes, especially with the debadged mesh grille.

L

·
0 Posts
I've gotten lexus and mercedes several times and its only the 3rd week i own it woo woo :)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
two neighbors thought i bettered myself by getting rid of the honda and replacing it with the BMW 5 series. i smiled...said, nope, it's a Hyundai!

the tint guy just yesterday said its very similar to the bimmer on the outside, but similar, at least the center stack, to a lexus. he did notice that i had debadged it and said it looks 1000% better without all the lettering on the back. i was :grin: :grin: :grin: on the inside

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Was asked on 3 separate occasions if it was a Lexus. Never realized until recently how similar in body style the new Sonata's are in relation to the upper class cars (BMW, Mercedes and Lexus).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was getting my new '11 sonatas windows tinted today and the guy doing it could not stop telling me how much it looked like an infinity g37 that he was looking at getting

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
my fav moment is when I went out to lunch with a coworker who drives a CLS, and said.. "****..what kind of car is it??? a hyundai? this looks nicer than my benz!" and then proceeded to complain about her car's high maintenance fees and etc. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts