Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I don't see a thread where I can put them in so I made up my own and hopefully the mods will spare me lol. Here are some of the pics.

http://imgur.com/3FnmOTh
http://imgur.com/058G5KA
I love these pedals as they are a perfect fit and looks good too imo.

imgur: the simple image sharer
Have always been a fan of the genesis badge so I got these, clear coat it and re-polish them again to protect from the winter salts.

Installed Exled 6000K and you just can't get any brighter than this, also have these in my Kia Optima as well and I loved it.
Also just picked up my winter tires Blizzaks WS80 and alloy wheels today as well so I'm pretty much ready for winter when it comes :grin2:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Hey guys, I don't see a thread where I can put them in so I made up my own and hopefully the mods will spare me lol. Here are some of the pics.

I love these pedals as they are a perfect fit and looks good too imo.

Have always been a fan of the genesis badge so I got these, clear coat it and re-polish them again to protect from the winter salts.

Installed Exled 6000K and you just can't get any brighter than this, also have these in my Kia Optima as well and I loved it.
Also just picked up my winter tires Blizzaks WS80 and alloy wheels today as well so I'm pretty much ready for winter when it comes :grin2:
Congrats and great work! I like the badges....can you let us know or provide a link to where you picked them up and how you installed (especially on hatch)? and if not too much trouble, would like to see pics of the front and back from further away (so whole front end and back end is visible).

Only worries about pedals is whether the metal would be a bit too slippery with snow on your sole. Perhaps you could update when the white stuff flies. Brrrr...just the thought of snow on the ground....

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats and great work! I like the badges....can you let us know or provide a link to where you picked them up and how you installed (especially on hatch)? and if not too much trouble, would like to see pics of the front and back from further away (so whole front end and back end is visible).

Only worries about pedals is whether the metal would be a bit too slippery with snow on your sole. Perhaps you could update when the white stuff flies. Brrrr...just the thought of snow on the ground....
Thanks luck, taking out the badges wasn't an easy task as they are held in by 2 push pins and I had to really break it in order to get it out. Just wanted to add that these are a perfect match in terms of sizes and the wheel caps are a perfect fit on my stock wheels too. Just make sure to add clear coat and polish it to protect them before installation. Here are the link for the badges.

Hyundai Santa FE DM Sport 2013 Front Rear Streeing Wheel Badge Emblem Full SET | eBay

I'm sorry I don't have any good pics but just went out to take some night pics for you so hopefully it will give you some good idea.

As far as the pedals, these are from Korea made for our vehicles and it feels perfectly fine and no slippery at all. I actually have the top of the line Kia Optima and the pedal design are exactly the same as these and that's why I bought it because I know that they're good. Let me know if you need anything else.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi! I also can't find a dedicated thread for some simple mods that we did and will do to our LWBs.

Sorry for threadjacking but I hope you don't mind if I post some of mine in your thread :) Thanks!

PIAA Plasma Ion

Debadged rear

Aftermarket grill from Korea

Hoping to install these this week..
Eagle or Flying V emblems from Korea

And some VIP style (bippu) stuffs

Also got dashcam (E-Prance Mini 0803) waiting to be installed.

If you need the links where I bought these, just let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi! I also can't find a dedicated thread for some simple mods that we did and will do to our LWBs.

Sorry for threadjacking but I hope you don't mind if I post some of mine in your thread :) Thanks!

PIAA Plasma Ion

Debadged rear

Thanks!
Hey I don't mind it at all and feel free to add more mods to it :wink: Actually I wouldn't mind if the moderators re-name it to WEEKLY MODS as we are using it in the other forum and its actually really useful as members can just add mods to it on a weekly basis. Very nice flying V emblems and grill btw and I actually have a dash cam too and it somehow made me feel safer lol. Post up some pics when you have them installed :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts

PIAA Plasma Ion

Debadged rear

Thanks!

Where did you get the grill? What is the dashcam/what does it do?

Thanks

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I would post my simple mod. I debadged the rear a week ago.
Today, I plasti dipped the front and rear. They didnt have the matte black in stock so I went with the anthracite grey.
I may take off the paint of the H emblem in front, but I'm still resting from a long day.
Looks really good :thumbsup:, seeing a few members plastic dip their badges black and I really have the itch to do mine lol.

Where did you get the grill? What is the dashcam/what does it do?

Thanks
I'm sure you can find the grill on Ebay and I really don't know if you're joking or not about the dash cam and what does it do lol. The mini 0803 dash cam that he bought are pretty good, I recently just bought the 0805 and 0806 dash cam for me and the wife as well. These are one of the top dash cam out there that money can buy and trust me you'll love them :smile:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey guys, don't know if you're familiar with this mod called the TRUNK SMILE that is available on the Sonata and the Optima. I actually have it on my car but Exled dont make them for our SF though. I do have my trunk smile with a custom relay and planning to do the same thing to the SF and I want to hear your thoughts on it to see if it will look good or not. Here's a quick video of that trunk smile I was referring to.

https://youtu.be/qH4deWSXxNs

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey guys, don't know if you're familiar with this mod called the TRUNK SMILE that is available on the Sonata and the Optima. I actually have it on my car but Exled dont make them for our SF though. I do have my trunk smile with a custom relay and planning to do the same thing to the SF and I want to hear your thoughts on it to see if it will look good or not. Here's a quick video of that trunk smile I was referring to.

https://youtu.be/qH4deWSXxNs
Personally, I think that would look awesome on the Santa Fe. If you do decide to install it, please post some pictures and a parts list. I wish someone actually made a kit for this, but until then, I would try a DIY install of this!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Personally, I think that would look awesome on the Santa Fe. If you do decide to install it, please post some pictures and a parts list. I wish someone actually made a kit for this, but until then, I would try a DIY install of this!

Thanks, I already ordered some of the stuffs already and I will do a custom trunk smile for my wife SF. Keep in mind I only went with the custom route on my car because Exled only offer the white in 7000K but I wanted pure white of 5000K and by going this route I would have to use 2 strip of LEDs instead of one. When I get home I will post up a video of my custom trunk smile for my Optima for you guys to see.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks, I already ordered some of the stuffs already and I will do a custom trunk smile for my wife SF. Keep in mind I only went with the custom route on my car because Exled only offer the white in 7000K but I wanted pure white of 5000K and by going this route I would have to use 2 strip of LEDs instead of one. When I get home I will post up a video of my custom trunk smile for my Optima for you guys to see.

I can't wait to see what it looks like on the Optima. How long until the Santa Fe is completed? Do you have a rough idea how much all the parts will end up costing?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't wait to see what it looks like on the Optima. How long until the Santa Fe is completed? Do you have a rough idea how much all the parts will end up costing?

Until I get my LEDs from EBay which I assumed it will be another week or two top then I will install it right away. Exled trunk smile kit will cost $100 plus $10 shipping but with this custom relay I'd say about $20-25 tops lol. Here are my Optima with the custom relay, please don't mind the 3PRNCESS license plate as they're my 3 little beautiful girls lol. Let me know what you think of the pure white instead of the 7000K I was referring to.

http://youtu.be/haSPWzUVAI8

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys, I'm still waiting for my LED's to arrive and when I do get a chance I will do the trunk smile if I can. In the meantime, what do you guys think about the arrow LED mod in the side mirror for our SF? Do you think it will be too much? This is the mod that I did on my current Optima and I absolutely love it but I want to hear your thoughts on our SF. Keep in mind you can select whatever arrow LED thats available and it doesn't have to be sequential like what I have , here is a quick video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjb2cr5Jugk

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I love it, but it might just interfere with the blind spot detection indicator ... otherwise, I think it's awesome!

Actually I did thought of that but our BSD are yellow and maybe I can do red and see if it's possible to stay away from that BSD symbol if possible. I have always been a fan of this mod and I know it is risky putting it besides it too but man I would love to have it install lol.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Actually I did thought of that but our BSD are yellow and maybe I can do red and see if it's possible to stay away from that BSD symbol if possible. I have always been a fan of this mod and I know it is risky putting it besides it too but man I would love to have it install lol.

Yeah, this isn't the first time I wish Hyundai had put the BSD on the pillar inside the car instead of on the mirror. I would LOVE to do that mod to my car, but I don't know that it would look good with the BSD already there. I guess I will have to wait until someone posts a pic so I can see how well they play together. :)

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yeah, this isn't the first time I wish Hyundai had put the BSD on the pillar inside the car instead of on the mirror. I would LOVE to do that mod to my car, but I don't know that it would look good with the BSD already there. I guess I will have to wait until someone posts a pic so I can see how well they play together. :)

Well I did looked at my side mirrors and there are plenty of space and it will not interfere with the BSD but I will sit out on this mod for now because the wife didn't want me to play around and screw up something lol. I did accomplished my custom trunk smile mod earlier though and awaiting to upload the video for you to see. Just give me a few min and I will post it up.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts