Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my 18 Tucson Sport on 9/4 and she’s already been to the dealer twice for repairs ?. I’m nervous that I made a mistake with my purchase. Everything I read online had high marks for reliability but it doesn’t seem very reliable right now. Anyone else having any issues with their Tucson?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Blown motor? Tranny fall out in pieces? Might help to know what actually happened. My imagination could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That seems unusual. However I wouldn't worry at this point. Relatively minor issues that are being taken care of under warranty. I know that when you buy a new car you don"t expect things like that to happen, but nothing is perfect. Hopefully you will go on to have no more problems with the car. Generally these Tucsons are very trouble free vehicles.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The housing cover for the thermostat was cracked. No heat means the coolant level was low. Did it overheat?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before I took it in the first time I did get an engine overheat warning. I pulled over and had it towed to the dealer. They fixed it and a week and a half later I noticed a green puddle underneath it. Popped the hood and the coolant was empty. No overheat warning that time. This time they found a small hole in one of the hoses. 10 day wait on the replacement hose.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Before I took it in the first time I did get an engine overheat warning. I pulled over and had it towed to the dealer. They fixed it and a week and a half later I noticed a green puddle underneath it. Popped the hood and the coolant was empty. No overheat warning that time. This time they found a small hole in one of the hoses. 10 day wait on the replacement hose.
So you had a cracked thermostat that caused overheating. After that a pinhole in a brand new hose. If you have another issue in the next month I would tell them to replace the vehicle with a new one or push for the lemon law. Let's hope there was little damage from the overheat.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not to say it's a good thing, but most failures happen at the start or at the end of the lifecycle of a part. That's why some things have warranty just for a couple of years when their intended time of use is 5-10 years. In the case of your car, it's bad that it has issues, but it's a good thing it has happened in less than a month from the date of purchase, and not 1-2 years down the line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts