Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time I do not creat a topic :grin:

Just want to let you know that I swapped my cluster.

From this:

To this:

Yes, back to green LEDs. I never changed the AC LEDs anyway. I bought a new OEM stereo and I had to replace the LEDs for the clock from blue to green. Lucky I found on ebay the SAME green LEDs that our cars use from factory.

I have to say that the green color is much easier for the eyes, but the blue looks cooler. The blue ones were excessively bright.

And yes, now I have a temp gauge :D. It works excellent and the design of this cluster for me is much cooler. The temp needle when the car is warmed up lies exactly as the hoosier's cluster, which is a bit below the middle mark. The car feels great now, but that is just my imagination :grin: .

Now I need to adjust my mileage or kilometer-age? lol Which is not expensive in Mexico, but right now I am in Florida, so I will have to wait two more months for that, anyway I have the record when this milage started and when did the old mileage ended.

I want to give a special thanks to mpfive, thumbs up for him. This is a canadian cluster he got for me, direct plug-in not like the headlights. I needed one in kilometers, so ebay did not help and we don't get this type of cluster in MX. Thank you! :banana:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Do the US clusters not come with a kmph scale? I never really thought about it, but maybe the dual speed scale is a Canadian thing as every vehicle I've ever owned has it. I never really thought about how clusters might appear in other countries.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys! :thumbsup:

It is pretty normal for me looking to a cluster with just km/h :p.

QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 20 2010, 08:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324890
Nice rondy!! **** we need to meet before u go back, are you driving your car back? or you gonna ship it also?
I am driving my car back. The only problem is that dallas is not in the way :p. Well it is kinda in the way, but not the fastest way (I will go through Houston). I am not driving all by myself. My father is coming and driving also, so it might be hard to meet when I am with him, I don't think he would want to take a longer path to Mexico. But after driving all that, I will be able to go to Dallas pretty easy. It is only like 9 hours from my city in Mexico and using the GPS is a piece of cake!

QUOTE (mpfive @ May 20 2010, 11:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324941
That looks awesome bro, glad to be of help and happy to hear that everything worked as it should :D

Enjoy!
Everything perfect! Thanks!

QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 21 2010, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324961
Radioactive pee green is what I say. :p   But I do like it very much, for some reason.

Rondy, good find and glad it all worked out.  You needed something with an MPH scale on it anyway since you're here in the US for a bit. lol!
Yes, I need the MPH scale :p. Thats a plus, that I now have the MPH scale lol.

QUOTE (Naky @ May 21 2010, 05:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324989
Do the US clusters not come with a kmph scale? I never really thought about it, but maybe the dual speed scale is a Canadian thing as every vehicle I've ever owned has it. I never really thought about how clusters might appear in other countries.
The one with blue LEDs is not a US or Canadian cluster. US has dual speed scale, as well as Canada.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Hey im willing to drive to Houston, i got no problem with that, i usually drive to Houston once a month to visit my cousin. At least to drink a cup of coffee :)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (LePapirrikY @ May 21 2010, 11:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325227
Hey im willing to drive to Houston, i got no problem with that, i usually drive to Houston once a month to visit my cousin. At least to drink a cup of coffee :)
Thats cool :thumbsup:.

We should set up a meeting in houston then! I will be there by July either the 13th or 14th.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts