Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a new I20, 5 door Active auto and am very pleased with it, so far.:)

However, when I was originally enquiring about the vehicle the salesman told me that the I20 was built in Europe in the Czech Republic, later when looking at the Hyundai website it stated that they are built in Asia in Turkey. Now that I have the car I have noticed that the info. plate on the nearside door pillar is headed "Hyundai Motors India". Just where are these vehicles built?
I feel that I have been somewhat misled as I would have preferred a European built vehicle, have read of poor build quality for Indian vehicles.

Another minor niggle is with the reversing light, only one and that is on the passenger side, real penny pinching in my opinion.

The fuel consumption is also very poor so far, but I am hoping that it will improve as the car gets "run in".

Thanks for reading.

Gordon.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
officially the i20 is manufactured in Izmit Turkey for all the European
markets and in Striperumbuder India for all the Asian markets. It is of course possible that the vehicles manufactured in those plants have found their way to other destinations due to factors like supply and demand. In spite of what you have heard or read you have a seven year warranty so if you ever have problems make full use of it.

BTW...having just one reverse light and sometimes one rear fog light is now very common on many makes/models of cars, penny pinching/cost cutting? yep, your right

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Here in the US, the "sticker" in the window that lists the standard and optional equipment, price, etc. also says where the car was built and where the parts were sourced. If you retained the sticker it should have the info you want. cheers.

·
22,793 Posts
I think the sticker in the car is the right one. And not the one the salesman told you so. :p
Salesmen NEVER lie! :eek: :wink2:

:00000732: Gordoncragg! Mileage will improve over time, lad. I sort of like the idea of having rear fogs, but would opt for TWO, personally. But not at the cost of giving up both reversing lamps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here in the US, the "sticker" in the window that lists the standard and optional equipment, price, etc. also says where the car was built and where the parts were sourced. If you retained the sticker it should have the info you want. cheers.
Sadly this system is not in general use in the UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Salesmen NEVER lie! :eek: :wink2:

:00000732: Gordoncragg! Mileage will improve over time, lad. I sort of like the idea of having rear fogs, but would opt for TWO, personally. But not at the cost of giving up both reversing lamps.
My previous Peugeot and Rover cars had two reversing lights and two rear fog lamps.

Personally I think that one rear fog lamp should be illegal, in the same way that it is illegal to only have one rear lamp showing, it is just asking for someone to misjudge what is ahead of them in poor visibility.

·
Registered
413 Posts
officially the i20 is manufactured in Izmit Turkey for all the European
markets and in Striperumbuder India for all the Asian markets. It is of course possible that the vehicles manufactured in those plants have found their way to other destinations due to factors like supply and demand. In spite of what you have heard or read you have a seven year warranty so if you ever have problems make full use of it.

BTW...having just one reverse light and sometimes one rear fog light is now very common on many makes/models of cars, penny pinching/cost cutting? yep, your right
Seven year warranty? Something changed.
S.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts