Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just spent almost all day with this (should be a 1 hr job). after I got them installed in the bumper cover, went to install on the car, and WHOA! they can not be installed. no space behind them...they hit the bumper. I had heard thru the grapevine that sometimes the bumper needs to be cut to make clearance for fog lights. is this true? anyone else run into this? spoiled my weekend! and how do you cut a 3" thick square chunk of iron tube? thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.....2016 Elantra GT. maybe Hyundai used a different impact bar for cars equipped with factory fog lights. all I can tell you is that there is NO room for them in my car. note that I have seen more than 1 type of fog light for this year/model, and it may be that the lights that have a "tail" may be lower and therefore fit. appreciate your help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.....2016 Elantra GT. maybe Hyundai used a different impact bar for cars equipped with factory fog lights. all I can tell you is that there is NO room for them in my car. note that I have seen more than 1 type of fog light for this year/model, and it may be that the lights that have a "tail" may be lower and therefore fit. appreciate your help!
Is this for the 2013-2017 Elantra GT?
There’s a ton of room behind the fog lights
I already have the impact bar off and will take it to a welder tomorrow for cutting,

·
Registered
862 Posts
for the GT, the only fog lights I am aware of that require a cut rebar bumper are the european spec i30 ones with the built-in LED DRL.
The North American GT cars, with or without fog lights have the same steel bumper.... to meet the US crash stds.

Reactions: elantragt16

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for the GT, the only fog lights I am aware of that require a cut rebar bumper are the european spec i30 ones with the built-in LED DRL.
The North American GT cars, with or without fog lights have the same steel bumper.... to meet the US crash stds.
thanks. maybe they snuck my car in......but it is an early-made GT. the lights I have do not have the LED DRL. I THINK the lights with the "tail" may be lower, but that's not what I have. appreciate the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that. I was thinking about it for my 2016 gt but nevermind. I only wanted it for looks and not functionality...lol. I rather keep the safety stuff intact. Thanks again. 😥

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that. I was thinking about it for my 2016 gt but nevermind. I only wanted it for looks and not functionality...lol. I rather keep the safety stuff intact. Thanks again. 😥
THANKS everyone. Job done., Result OK. I live where it gets real foggy sometimes, so I wanted them for their intended purpose. I would do it again. On a funny note: have you ever done a job that you feared the LAST part....only to get to it and what you thought was going to be a 2 hr job took 5 minutes? It has happened to me several times over the years....and this time it was the reinstallation of the bumper cover. I knew it would be a bear (working by myself)...but it went on in 5 minutes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts