Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So recently our second vehicle, a 02 vw Jetta tdi started to give us some issues so we decided it was time for something new. Our other vehicle is a 06 Tacoma which the wife has grown very found of, and now I bearly drive it anymore. When it came time to look for another vehicle I was hard pressed to buy another truck or SUV due to gas prices and not needing two trucks. I thought the wife would jump at the chance to get a new vehicle but instead she wanted to keep driving truck, and told me to get what I wanted. Me being cheap and owning other previous hyundias, figured I couldn't go wrong with the Elantra and ordered a gL manual which took two + months to come in. I Figured since I was going to be main driver I would go with a standard transmission. Well tonight I had a few drinks at the inlaws place, and it was either pay a cab or wifey drive home. My Wife did drive a standerd many moons ago, so she thought she would give it go. Well low and behold she picked it back up like riding a bike, and I just lost my car as the truck sits in the driveway, and she has my car at work. Easy come easy go :) can't blame her for loving the heated seats and wheel tho :) :)

·
Registered
13,349 Posts
So recently our second vehicle, a 02 vw Jetta tdi started to give us some issues so we decided it was time for something new. Our other vehicle is a 06 Tacoma which the wife has grown very found of, and now I bearly drive it anymore. When it came time to look for another vehicle I was hard pressed to buy another truck or SUV due to gas prices and not needing two trucks. I thought the wife would jump at the chance to get a new vehicle but instead she wanted to keep driving truck, and told me to get what I wanted. Me being cheap and owning other previous hyundias, figured I couldn't go wrong with the Elantra and ordered a gL manual which took two + months to come in. I Figured since I was going to be main driver I would go with a standard transmission. Well tonight I had a few drinks at the inlaws place, and it was either pay a cab or wifey drive home. My Wife did drive a standerd many moons ago, so she thought she would give it go. Well low and behold she picked it back up like riding a bike, and I just lost my car as the truck sits in the driveway, and she has my car at work. Easy come easy go :) can't blame her for loving the heated seats and wheel tho :) :)
That'll teach you. You should have known better, once she got her hands on the steering wheel.

Newlyweds, by any chance? ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So recently our second vehicle, a 02 vw Jetta tdi started to give us some issues so we decided it was time for something new. Our other vehicle is a 06 Tacoma which the wife has grown very found of, and now I bearly drive it anymore. When it came time to look for another vehicle I was hard pressed to buy another truck or SUV due to gas prices and not needing two trucks. I thought the wife would jump at the chance to get a new vehicle but instead she wanted to keep driving truck, and told me to get what I wanted. Me being cheap and owning other previous hyundias, figured I couldn't go wrong with the Elantra and ordered a gL manual which took two + months to come in. I Figured since I was going to be main driver I would go with a standard transmission. Well tonight I had a few drinks at the inlaws place, and it was either pay a cab or wifey drive home. My Wife did drive a standerd many moons ago, so she thought she would give it go. Well low and behold she picked it back up like riding a bike, and I just lost my car as the truck sits in the driveway, and she has my car at work. Easy come easy go
can't blame her for loving the heated seats and wheel tho
That'll teach you. You should have known better, once she got her hands on the steering wheel.

Newlyweds, by any chance?

High school sweet hearts, 18 years this June and our 10th wedding anniversary :)

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Girl next door divorced me day after that kid smashed me, guess she didn't think I could support her lavish life style anymore.

Later met this beautiful intelligent woman, but was disappointed I owned two AT cars, purchased her a new MT car, that made her happy. She was from a foreign country, had to be imported, what the heck, so does everything else.

When I purchased the Limited, was very disappointed it had an AT, but could only reply, with all the other goodies you wanted, can't buy this with an MT anymore. But when I showed her manual mode, that made her very happy, ha, just pretend you are stepping on the clutch.

She is also a very frugal woman, asked me to look at SUV's and Pickup's, but when I showed her the prices and the terrible fuel economy, she comprehended.

Ha, no matter what kind of vehicle you purchase, in a couple of years, will be worthless. Least we still have a couple of bucks left in the bank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts