Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new bulbs in the mail today :)

When i was installing the fog lights there is a plastic panel under the car to get to them. When i removed that panel this bolt dropped to the ground :unsure:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks good. :thumbsup: I'm curious as to what your illumination will look like at night?? Oh, yes as to the bolt? any idea what that bolt is for? It could serve some useful purpose.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Do you have more details as how easy it was to get to the fog through this panel, pics will be great too. When I looked up how to change the fog lights on hmaservice it says to remove the front bumper, but if there is a secret panel, I'm sure a lot of people would love to know as I know there is interest from members to change their fog lights. I'm looking at going with the Putco Pure Halogen for the DRL and taking out the LED. At $25 a pair it's not a bad thing to try over trying another set of LEDs which is twice the price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (The Pill @ Apr 24 2010, 09:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316463
Looks good. :thumbsup: I'm curious as to what your illumination will look like at night?? Oh, yes as to the bolt? any idea what that bolt is for? It could serve some useful purpose.
I didn't drive it tonight but it looks good in my driveway. The light is nice and white, not as blue as i thought it would be. As for the bolt i'm hoping that someone went to screw it in, dropped it and used another LoL.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Souks @ Apr 24 2010, 11:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316476
Do you have more details as how easy it was to get to the fog through this panel, pics will be great too. When I looked up how to change the fog lights on hmaservice it says to remove the front bumper, but if there is a secret panel, I'm sure a lot of people would love to know as I know there is interest from members to change their fog lights. I'm looking at going with the Putco Pure Halogen for the DRL and taking out the LED. At $25 a pair it's not a bad thing to try over trying another set of LEDs which is twice the price.
It took me about 15 minutes to change all 6 bulbs. As for the fog lights, under the front bumper in each corner there is a door that opens by removing 2 plastic screws (once you look under there you will see what i mean). You can stick your hand in there and unplug the H8 bulb first then twist and remove the bulb.

You talked about removing the LED, what LED are you talking about ?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (Vinnny @ Apr 24 2010, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316490
It took me about 15 minutes to change all 6 bulbs. As for the fog lights, under the front bumper in each corner there is a door that opens by removing 2 plastic screws (once you look under there you will see what i mean). You can stick your hand in there and unplug the H8 bulb first then twist and remove the bulb.

You talked about removing the LED, what LED are you talking about ?
Cool, I guess it is easier than what Hyundai made it sound like. I replaced the stock H7 High Beam / DRL bulb with a LED bulb, but it's having issues with flickering and going off, more of a build issue as far as I can tell than LEDs themselves. So was looking at trying a different brand of LED bulb but found some Putco Halogen which has a very similar packaging to the ones you got so may just go that route to get the HID look for the DRL, but looks like I'll still retain high beams.

·
Registered
594 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Apr 25 2010, 02:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316526
Cool, I guess it is easier than what Hyundai made it sound like. I replaced the stock H7 High Beam / DRL bulb with a LED bulb, but it's having issues with flickering and going off, more of a build issue as far as I can tell than LEDs themselves. So was looking at trying a different brand of LED bulb but found some Putco Halogen which has a very similar packaging to the ones you got so may just go that route to get the HID look for the DRL, but looks like I'll still retain high beams.
Thanks for the pointer to the Putco's. They are certainly less expensive than other options, although judging from the photos by counting the visible lines on the road they don't seem to be as bright as the OEM lights, but certainly a solution when you want to get the HID look. They are on my list of options now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
are those just standard bulb replacements? or did you have to do the HID kit install? if they are just a replacement for the standard bulb, where did you get them?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its hard to take a good picture of the lights on because the camera gets fooled but i lowered the exposure on these three shots trying to get a true picture. The light from the bulbs are very white.

·
Registered
35 Posts
8000k is almost purple.. you definitely decreased your nighttime visibility. You probably think that its brighter because its a "HID" bulb, but what you can actually see has decreased.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to give a list for each bulb type? (Low beam, High beam, Fogs) (Hyundai Sonata SE 2011)

I just had 8000K HIDs installed for my headlights and im already having problems. I paid $200 for them with installation and i expected no problems. Ugh! The drivers side light blinks off at times and will even stay off until I power them off and then back on. I am bringing the car back in on Saturday and hopefully the shop will be able to find the issue and fix. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
673 Posts
QUOTE (GeeOhh @ Sep 21 2010, 09:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357633
Hey guys,

Would anyone be able to give a list for each bulb type? (Low beam, High beam, Fogs) (Hyundai Sonata SE 2011)

I just had 8000K HIDs installed for my headlights and im already having problems. I paid $200 for them with installation and i expected no problems. Ugh! The drivers side light blinks off at times and will even stay off until I power them off and then back on. I am bringing the car back in on Saturday and hopefully the shop will be able to find the issue and fix. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!
:00000732: GeeOhh. Try this thread.
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?sh...94&hl=bulbs
Your problem could be a bad ballast.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I guess that this all the rage by the feedback you are getting. I like the look of the factory light. Pretty cheap mod if you like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts