Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took delivery of my new 2010 Hyundai i45 Premium (roughly equivalent to the US 2011 "SE" but without the extra 2hp). It's only been on sale here since May 24th, and I believe there are only a few hundred in the country so far, most of them still in the hands of dealers. The car is Noble White (solid), and has factory-fitted LED tail-lights and panoramic moonroof. Really stylish - the black roof contrasts nicely with the white paint :) There are a couple of other external differences to the US Sonata, which include clear-lens front indicators (as opposed to orange-coloured), and the B-pillars and window surrounds are a glossy black (called Piano black), rather than a matte finish. It is my first Hyundai and so far I'm very impressed. Here are some pics.

[attachment=18837:i45LED.JPG][attachment=18838:i45a.JPG][attachment=18839:i45b.J
PG][attachment=18840:i45c.JPG][attachment=18841:i45d.JPG][attachment=18842:i45e.
J
PG]

Attachments

·
Banned
630 Posts
sooo jealous...all that car needs is a CF trunk and hood to be in complete panda mode....

that panoramic roof is pure hotness....

can we see interior shots please

·
Registered
854 Posts
very nice! Now why can't i find those **** headlights anywhere online.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took these interior shots.

[attachment=18844:i45console2.JPG]
[attachment=18845:i45door.JPG]
[attachment=18846:i45guage.JPG]
[attachment=18847:i45int1.JPG]
[attachment=18848:i45int2.JPG]
[attachment=18849:i45intrear.JPG]

Attachments

·
Banned
630 Posts
so your "SE" gets rear a/c vents (like our LTD), memory seats, no bluetooth, what might look to be perforated seats, LED tails, clear headlights, pano roof, blinker mirrors...

**** :(

·
Registered
548 Posts
I can't even tell you just how much I hate you Aussies right now. You got the coolest features on the Sonata. I would kill for that panoramic roof and the memory seats. Ugh...

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jun 16 2010, 10:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333423
I can't even tell you just how much I hate you Aussies right now. You got the coolest features on the Sonata. I would kill for that panoramic roof and the memory seats. Ugh...
Well, I actually think you are the lucky ones because you get the full-colour LCD display with sat. nav and sat. radio, and Infinity sound system (none of which are available here, not even as options). We don't get heated seats either.

We also pay more. The base model here costs the equivalent of US$25,000, while the Premium is $32,700.

So there is always a trade-off.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Jun 16 2010, 10:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333431
Well, I actually think you are the lucky ones because you get the full-colour LCD display with sat. nav and sat. radio, and Infinity sound system (none of which are available here, not even as options). We don't get heated seats either. We also won't be getting the 2.0L turbo model, and the hybrid model is yet to be confirmed for our market.

We also pay more. The base model here costs the equivalent of US$25,000, while the Premium is $32,700.

So there is always a trade-off.
so you're saying the Hyundai actually has resale value over there? because no one in the US would pay $33k for a sonata....

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's one of the reasons why the US / Can models is missing features is due to the price, Hyundai needs to make money and they believe NA will not buy if the price is at a certain point. So unfortunantely to meet the NA price demand features need to be cut, ie LED tails, Panaromic roof, etc. The Sonata in Korea is a lot more if you do the price conversion so we in NA are getting this car for a steal. If it costs $3k more to get the same features as Korean models would all you guys still buy it? In other markets Hyundai is established so they don't need low price points and push the whole value point and long warranty for sales like they do in NA.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nobody would pay that for a Sonata here either, which is why they changed the name to i45. The Sonata was never a success here, and had poor resale value.

The brand is no more established here than it is in the US.

The reason sat. nav was left out here was, as stated, to keep the car under a certain price point. The moonroof was probably chosen over the sat nav. in order to set the car apart from it's competitors (as no other mid-size sedan has one).

Anyway, $33k is a relative bargain considering a top-of-the-line Accord V6 or Camry V6 costs about $43k here.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Davez621 @ Jun 16 2010, 11:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333449
Nobody would pay that for a Sonata here either, which is why they changed the name to i45. The Sonata was never a success here, and had poor resale value.

The brand is no more established here than it is in the US.

The reason sat. nav was left out here was, as stated, to keep the car under a certain price point. The moonroof was probably chosen over the sat nav. in order to set the car apart from it's competitors (as no other mid-size sedan has one). Hence, a reason for someone to choose the car over a competitor.

Anyway, $33k is a relative bargain considering a top-of-the-line Accord V6 or Camry V6 costs about $43k here.
wow...$43k for an Accord? whatever you aussies are smoking, ship some down to NY! :)

This must mean that a fry cook at McDonalds makes $20/hr!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Everything is always relative. People complain about how cheap or expensive it is to live somewhere but they never factor in the wage rate for that area! You don't think companies factor in all those things before setting a price? Of course they do!$20 per hour McDonald jobs sounds about right! :banana:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 16 2010, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333505
wow...$43k for an Accord? whatever you aussies are smoking, ship some down to NY! :)

This must mean that a fry cook at McDonalds makes $20/hr!
That's nothing. For a new Mustang or Camaro here, you're looking at over 100 grand. A Mercedes S550 costs 240 grand here.

As for minimum wage - you're actually not far off. It's around $15 USD per hour.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Great car......

Yes I would pay more for a sonata with all those features,,, but unfortunately not many other people would....

Love the pana roof et all.....

I wish they would make a list of all available features and let the people pick out what additional features that want on their Sonata above and beyond from what the rest of the world gets.....

And yes we would have to wait a couple of months for ours to be made but that wouldn't work well with the assembly line technique that currently makes our cars....

Oh wait,,, they use to do this many many years ago, you picked out the model you wanted, the color and all accessories were picked from a master list and then you waited for YOUR car to made.....

Ahhh the good ole days..........LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts