Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

My 2019 Santa Fe XL will be bought back by Hyundai under lemon law. I am not at liberty to speak as to the exact reasons why, but I do have some accessories and maintenance items that I'd like to propose to sell to this group. I could not find any sub-forum for selling. If I missed it, please let me know and/or have an admin move the post to that forum.

The items I have for sale are as follows. I can provide pictures if necessary.

Maintenance items:
  • 3x factory oil filter
  • 2x cabin air filter
  • 1x engine air filter
  • 1x package of 10 oil drain bolt crush washer (I did not know the factory oil filter came with these, opps!)
Accessories/upgrades:
  • 1x Windshield wiper fluid heater
  • 2x Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (model 85415XV2C1) D1S HID headlight bulbs (used approximately 2 months, very bright and a definite upgrade over stock) - $130 with free shipping
  • 1x Full set of WeatherTech floor mats for all 3 rows (used about 2.5 months), $200 with free shipping
Ideally, I'd like to sell the washer heater and oil/air filters as one package since I bought them that way and still have them in the box they were shipped to me in. I spent about $150 for that stuff; I'd be willing to take $130 and I will pay the shipping. Reasonable offers will be considered.

As for payment, I can take Paypal (friend payment please). If interested, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you've been through the Lemon Law process. Good luck with whatever vehicle you get next.
I didn't want it to end this way, either. I really liked the Santa Fe and I fear I am going to kick myself for letting it go. I now have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk; so far, so good. The Jeep isn't as smooth driving on the road as the Santa Fe was, but has a notably more powerful engine (5.7L Hemi), a nicer transmission and is actually quieter on in the inside (more sound deadening, less road noise, surprised me!).

·
Registered
186 Posts
I didn't want it to end this way, either. I really liked the Santa Fe and I fear I am going to kick myself for letting it go. I now have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk; so far, so good. The Jeep isn't as smooth driving on the road as the Santa Fe was, but has a notably more powerful engine (5.7L Hemi), a nicer transmission and is actually quieter on in the inside (more sound deadening, less road noise, surprised me!).
The Grand Cherokee's are sweet vehicles and how can you go wrong with a Hemi. There are days I miss my Wrangler which I traded in on for my Santa Fe, but my grand kids come first! Enjoy the Jeep.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Grand Cherokee's are sweet vehicles and how can you go wrong with a Hemi. There are days I miss my Wrangler which I traded in on for my Santa Fe, but my grand kids come first! Enjoy the Jeep.
I have to admit I am not a a fan of FCA vehicles, but they seemed to have a done a pretty good job on the JGC. This version has been around for quite a while (I think the WK2 platform is in its 10th year with the 2020MY). The only downside to the Hemi, of course, is fuel economy. I knew that going in, but surprisingly it's not quite as bad as I expected. I was averaging about 21-22 with the Santa Fe, and getting about 17 so far with the Jeep. The other thing to remember is that this Jeep is 1000 pounds heavier (mine weighs 5350 pounds without me in it) than the Santa Fe, so that's obviously a big factor in fuel economy aside from the engine. Nevertheless, the 360HP Hemi moves the Jeep with absolute ease. Love me a V8! :)

I want to express to the Santa Fe LWB community that you all have been a great source of information and help. Extremely mature and respectful at all times and I appreciate that very much, thank you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Trailhawk is a much nicer vehicle than the Santa Fe IMO. Different class really as the Trailhawk is just much more upscale. Sorry you had issues with the Santa Fe which required a buy back. But happy that you landed on a really nice car for the replacement.

The FCA vehicles get a bad rap in my opinion. No doubt they built some bad stock in the past - but so did GM and Ford. I have a lot of cars (long story). I thoroughly enjoyed a 2015 300S with the Hemi; zero problems for 40k miles until I sold it. With the kids, we use a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited and that car has been used and abused by the family for trips and beach parties and kids using it as a lunch box lol. It has been a great car and we will run it until the kids are much older than 2 and 4. We have only had one issue with the Pacifica, the left front strut had to be replaced, that was probably due to the many Winter potholes we subjected it to with the 20 inch wheels it has. But either way, its been rock solid otherwise in 30k miles.

The most unreliable cars I have are both German. 2014 Merc S550 was terrible. I sold it because got tired of the problems. Then a 2016 BMW X3, same thing. Total POS, and we sold that too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Trailhawk is a much nicer vehicle than the Santa Fe IMO. Different class really as the Trailhawk is just much more upscale. Sorry you had issues with the Santa Fe which required a buy back. But happy that you landed on a really nice car for the replacement.

The FCA vehicles get a bad rap in my opinion. No doubt they built some bad stock in the past - but so did GM and Ford. I have a lot of cars (long story). I thoroughly enjoyed a 2015 300S with the Hemi; zero problems for 40k miles until I sold it. With the kids, we use a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited and that car has been used and abused by the family for trips and beach parties and kids using it as a lunch box lol. It has been a great car and we will run it until the kids are much older than 2 and 4. We have only had one issue with the Pacifica, the left front strut had to be replaced, that was probably due to the many Winter potholes we subjected it to with the 20 inch wheels it has. But either way, its been rock solid otherwise in 30k miles.

The most unreliable cars I have are both German. 2014 Merc S550 was terrible. I sold it because got tired of the problems. Then a 2016 BMW X3, same thing. Total POS, and we sold that too.
Appreciate the feedback. I want to be clear: I really liked my Santa Fe XL and none of this discussion should take anything away from that vehicle. Lemon law is what it is (glad we have it as consumers) and it was ultimately up to me whether I kept the car or returned it. For their part, Hyundai has been very good to work with. And as I said, there are some things I will miss about the car.

With respect to German cars, I heard it said best this way: the only thing more expensive than a new German luxury car is a used German luxury car.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry about your XL but glad to hear you got bought out by lemon law, GL with your Jeep and sounds like you’re happy with it so far. Enjoy your new ride and GLWTS .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hope you have success with the Hemi. I purchased a JCG Hemi new, what a problem child, especially with the cylinder deactivation, but maybe you don't keep a car very long.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to express to the Santa Fe LWB community that you all have been a great source of information and help. Extremely mature and respectful at all times and I appreciate that very much, thank you.
Very good of you to take the high road with this, and not trash the Hyundai brand. It says something quite positive about you.

Good luck with the new Jeep.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I want to express to the Santa Fe LWB community that you all have been a great source of information and help.
Extremely mature and respectful at all times and I appreciate that very much, thank you.

Got rid of my ZJ (94 JGC) before getting the Santa Fe,
I am sure you have found it, but here is a great bunch to converse with...

JEEPFORUM.com

·
Registered
96 Posts
Enjoy your many and more often stops at the fuel pumps, don't forget 89 octane recommended.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Enjoy your many and more often stops at the fuel pumps, don't forget 89 octane recommended.
Eh, the frequency of gas stops is about the same because the fuel tank is larger on the Jeep than the Santa Fe (25 gallons vs 19 gallons). Yes, poorer fuel economy, but higher performance, was a known consequence of this change. I wouldn't have even gone this route if things worked out better with the Santa Fe for me, but that's not what happened.

The engine runs fine on 87 (acceptable according to owners manual), but yes 89 is recommended.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you have success with the Hemi. I purchased a JCG Hemi new, what a problem child, especially with the cylinder deactivation, but maybe you don't keep a car very long.
That "eco" mode system (called MDS or multi-cylinder deactivation system) can be disabled by a button and it remembers to stay disabled, so I have it turned off permanently. :) I have read about some other folks having some engine trouble develop later as a result of this system. What a load of crap it is, but other manufacturers are doing the same garbage with their V8s as well. It doesn't save any substantial amount of fuel and it causes premature engine wear.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very good of you to take the high road with this, and not trash the Hyundai brand. It says something quite positive about you.

Good luck with the new Jeep.
I think Hyundai makes a good car, especially for the money. Each car I have owned has had both positive and negative things about them (including the Jeep, incidentally), some worse than others. It boils down to what things are livable and which ones aren't and that's a personal decision each of us makes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
  • 2x Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (model 85415XV2C1) D1S HID headlight bulbs (used approximately 2 months, very bright and a definite upgrade over stock) - $130 with free shipping
What is the benefit of the Philips lights? Due they swap directly with the factory HID bulbs? Are they a different color or ? Shine further?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts