Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem. My wifes phone is fine(Motorolla) but mine just keeps searching. Ive tried everything, even called the dealer. Thanks...Batts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? I've also got an LG EnV Touch, that works, but I can't use the car controls - everything has to be done using the phone. I think I'm jsut technologically challenged.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (batts45 @ Aug 1 2010, 12:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346462
Does anyone else have this problem. My wifes phone is fine(Motorolla) but mine just keeps searching. Ive tried everything, even called the dealer. Thanks...Batts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.
I'm moving this over to the Sonata section where you get more help with this problem.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (batts45 @ Aug 1 2010, 07:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346462
Something I tried when my older phone wouldn't pair with a Limited's Nav at the dealer - we tried one or two other Sonatas with the same Nav system. When it didn't sync with any of them, I (we) suspected it was the phone.

Got a new model phone and it works great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just posted my impressions of my new Limited and included comments about my LG AX8600 and the Sonata Bluetooth. Mine pairs just fine but that's it. No transfer of phone book and some issues with voice commands resulting in my having to operate the cell in order to connect and use the car mic/speakers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bald1: your situation appears to be the same as with mine. If I ever got the time I was going to take the phone and car to the Verizon plae and ask them if they could help... but on second thought, the last time I was there, the person supposedly helping me knew less than I did so that probably won't help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Garnerwolf,

Well at least there's some consolation in knowing it's not something I'm screwing up as you've verified I'm not alone. I could be smart alec and say maybe it's only with Phantom Black Limited models but that would be a bit much! LOL

Addendum: Our LG AX8600 cells are using bluetooth ver 2.0 w/A2DP. I'm still researching whether as implemented in these cells it does anything other then allow pairing for external mic/speaker devices. Meaning I don't know if sharing phonebooks is an enabled feature.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My enV touch works and the controls also work on the Nav. What steps are you taking to setup? I've this phone for over a year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
http://www.hyundaiusa.com/pdf/List%20of%20...3.4%20Final.pdf

Indicates that the LG AX8600 should transfer it's phonebook to the Sonata.

But I've looked around and have found numerous issues being raised about the quality of Hyundai's bluetooth. Here's an example:
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f200e5d/0
It is noted that the 2010 Tuscon and 2011 Sonata bluetooth is identical.

So now I'm rather flummoxed. The pairing was done by the dealer while I was in the car.... no phonebook transferred.

This report seems to indicate such problems are endemic:
http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/techcente...10/article.html

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, looks like a lot of automobile manufacturers are having a problem with BlueTooth compatibility.

Sometimes it is the auto makers fault and sometimes it's the phone.

Not encouraging, is it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Aug 6 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347660
I just posted my impressions of my new Limited and included comments about my LG AX8600 and the Sonata Bluetooth. Mine pairs just fine but that's it. No transfer of phone book and some issues with voice commands resulting in my having to operate the cell in order to connect and use the car mic/speakers.

There are two functions you have to do in order for your phone to work correctly. Well the first is to pair the devise of course but the second is to mount the device that will get your phone to work correctly I had the same issue and now it works perfectly

·
Registered
55 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Aug 6 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347660

I had the same problem with my LG ally it would pair up but I wouldn’t be able to use the car controls. I don’t know if your phone has this setting but besides pairing your LG there is another function you have to do for the phone to work correctly.

Pair the device first then after that find the MOUNT THE DEVICE after that your phone will transfer your phone book and use the controls just fine.

What I suggest if you can’t find that application call the provider that you have and ask them where that application is located and you should be fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts