Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
they are actually the Korean spec ones, the soft LED without the exposed inner "dots" on the American Limiteds which is funny because when they first came out i said i would take those lights if they didn't have the "dots", just my personal preference, but either ones look great. difference is these were $540 and the Limited ones are $950 so we'll see how to installation goes. For now here are some ways i did my normal lights through the years: red and smoked

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Post some pics when you get them installed.
Heck, post some of the lights before they are installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they were smoked like in the 2nd picture, i actually liked that look especially when i changed the license plate out to a black chrome. Matched perfectly, and i'd do it again to these when i have the time, but i am installing them today. By the way, it's just vinyl, my Nite-Shades Light paint are in the passed for me lol. Honestly it's basically arts and crafts, do a little outline of what you want cut and just overlay the vinyl ($7) cut and stick. I also smoked the yellow reflectors in the front, not black just darker and blends in well. I also did that "Lexus fog lamp" yellow for the LED strip and it looked really good, i just hated how yellow it was when the lights were off, it didn't match the car so removed them. If the car was black or white, then it would have looked great

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try to get some better, less grainy pics but these were quick shots after the install. There is an actual regular bulb in between there for the brakes, but i gotta back it up to a store glass front to really know whats going on. Not sure if the LEDs brighten when i brake as well

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Very nice.
They look much better than the individual LEDs of the regular Limited tail lights.
Post a link to where you purchased them from so others can pick them up as well.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I'll try to get some better, less grainy pics but these were quick shots after the install. There is an actual regular bulb in between there for the brakes, but i gotta back it up to a store glass front to really know whats going on. Not sure if the LEDs brighten when i brake as well
Get a piece of wood or baseball bat and place it between grade pedal and seat!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Get a piece of wood or baseball bat and place it between grade pedal and seat!
I drive an school bus and we used to use those C shape Ice scrapers to wedge the brake pedal down to check they were working. now all new buses have a switch that turns on every light at once called light check to check all lights at once but anyways you can use a ice scraper to wedge the brake pedal down to get a pic of the L.E.D brake lights on with the brakes pressed down on.

BTW Nice L.E.D lights and how hard was the install or how easy was it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Needed a short socket and a Phillips screwdriver. Basically those cheap toolkits they sell for 10 bucks, with the one head and all the attachments was what i needed. Removed the carpeting from the trunk which was just snapping out those clips and sliding it off the hinges. Removed the panel on the sides you use to change the bulbs. You don't even have to take out the carpeting around it which was great and where the short socket driver comes in handy. Unclip the the little white wire connector(HINT: press it from the opposite side. seems silly but took me a few to realize), The rest is just unscrewing. 4 bolts for the outside lamps, and 3 for the inside, knock em out(carefully) and then slide the new ones in. The wiring is literally plug and play. pop the wire back and thats it. It took me 30 minutes plus a 15 minute pause to do the dance of joy when the first light worked and looked so good.

It was ALOT easier than i expected, because you never know what surprises you come across. One screw is hidden or a wire needs to be spliced somewhere but the ad said plug N play and i risked it. Not a bad upgrade and maybe i can get something form my regular lights and recoup the costs

·
Registered
334 Posts
Needed a short socket and a Phillips screwdriver. Basically those cheap toolkits they sell for 10 bucks, with the one head and all the attachments was what i needed. Removed the carpeting from the trunk which was just snapping out those clips and sliding it off the hinges. Removed the panel on the sides you use to change the bulbs. You don't even have to take out the carpeting around it which was great and where the short socket driver comes in handy. Unclip the the little white wire connector(HINT: press it from the opposite side. seems silly but took me a few to realize), The rest is just unscrewing. 4 bolts for the outside lamps, and 3 for the inside, knock em out(carefully) and then slide the new ones in. The wiring is literally plug and play. pop the wire back and thats it. It took me 30 minutes plus a 15 minute pause to do the dance of joy when the first light worked and looked so good.

It was ALOT easier than i expected, because you never know what surprises you come across. One screw is hidden or a wire needs to be spliced somewhere but the ad said plug N play and i risked it. Not a bad upgrade and maybe i can get something form my regular lights and recoup the costs
you didnt video record that 15 minute dance of joy ? :harhar::banana:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
And now for the $50,000 question.
I'm guessing only the outside portions light up with the brake light, correct?
Because so far it's only been the Limited and 2.0t trims have the wiring that lights up the center brake light portions.

They look much better than the standard lights we get here in the US.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope! I tried them(without the baseball bat trick) backed up to a glass housing and the regular bulb in the center lights up as the brake light. When I first got them I thought it was strange that there were redundant lights, i had no idea how these would look in practice, but the the bulb lights up in the center there. Might end up just getting an LED bulb just for the reaction time. There is no center light in the trunk portion

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ok, so I wanted to wait until i could get some shots. the actual LED doesn't brighten, but the bulb on the outside lights up which is kind of a cool effect. Also, as you know, the bulb is hidden behind the signal light housing, so if I do install and LED bulb I won't have that O look through the housing

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh. My. GOD!!!! I NEED THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts