Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 great months in my black/black Limited, tomorrow morning I will be trading it in.

Black/black was impractical and stupid for someone moving to Florida, but I had never owned a black car before. It's gorgeous when clean, but a bear to keep that way.

I'll miss your cutting edge technology, your clear cut simple controls and your absolutely gorgeous outside appearance.

I won't miss your cheap, uncomfortable leather seats, multiple dash rattles and how you absorb heat like a solar panel.

Ultimately, another dealer/brand was able to give me an interest rate so much better than Hyundai did that it made the trade a no-brainer (not really Hyundai's fault, a long story).

I still look forward to coming here to see great pictures and read everyone else's owner experiences.

And I'm thinking my next car in a few years just might be a Genesis...

·
Registered
854 Posts
That's too bad but if you're happy with your new purchase that's all that matters. Mind sharing what you got instead?

·
Registered
255 Posts
This is why I knew getting a GLS would make me happier. No crap about the seats and no rattles. I will say it does absorb heat like no other but I've always wondered why people choose not to get one of these instead of bitching all the time. But as long as you're happy that's all that matters. :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Sep 24 2010, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358442
This is why I knew getting a GLS would make me happier. No crap about the seats and no rattles. I will say it does absorb heat like no other but I've always wondered why people choose not to get one of these instead of bitching all the time. But as long as you're happy that's all that matters. :)

You don't see too many of those in fl, it doesn't help us much if you park outside all day! I have a black car in FL but AC fixes heat in 60 seconds.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Have fun with your new car. I owned two black cars while I lived in Florida and I still own black cars and never seemed to have problems. So you are going to pay sales tax on a different car? Not sure how that adds up to a good deal but if you think so then great.

If you can't tell I am giving you a hard time since you are just trying to find ways out of owning that car. Color, Interest Rate, Forum ***** etc.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (OMEGA_WEAPON @ Sep 24 2010, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358442

I use this a lot and it does help me. My unscientific thought on this isn't that it keeps the whole car cool, but it keeps the dash cooler and air duct work cooler so that AC can catch up faster.

For my MR2, I have a SOLID covercraft model that obviously keeps the sun off the dash better than my covercraft roll out model. Both do a great job. I cant wait until Covercraft has a 2011 specific one as I am using my old Maxima one because the fit is close.

My main reason for using these is to keep the sun off the dash to get a bit more longevity out of them.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Sep 24 2010, 02:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358489
2010 Acura TSX.
I don't want to put up exact figures. I am spending a little bit of money to make this happen, but nothing too outrageous.

The TSX's MSRP is $33 and change for the Tech (nav) model. Through a USAA pricing program, I got it for $29,600 before any add on options were considered.

·
Registered
472 Posts
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Sep 24 2010, 03:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358507
I don't want to put up exact figures. I am spending a little bit of money to make this happen, but nothing too outrageous.

The TSX's MSRP is $33 and change for the Tech (nav) model. Through a USAA pricing program, I got it for $29,600 before any add on options were considered.

I just don't get it. I can't believe how many people on this forum bash the new Sonata. It is very much different from the other forums I subscribe to like Lexus and Audi. I'm sure people will chime in now and say that a Hyundai is not these cars and I will be the first to tell you, that's true but, I think for the money, it is the best bang for the buck.

First you need to understand that this is an under $30K car. If you do, you will know that all the bells and whisles you look for will not be there. I frankly have taken this car for what it is and that is a very nice car for the money. Yes the leather seats are not premium like a Lexus or Audi but, your not paying over $40K for the car.

I suggest that you just enjoy the car for what it is keeping in mind that there are a lot of opinions on this forum as well as any forum and everyone drives and treats there car differently. I joined this forum to learn more about my car and share information. I'm sorry that there are so many dissatisfied owners. It makes me think what were you all thinking when you bought this car. I know for myself, I did a lot of research before purchasing my car and although I have only 900 miles on the car I have been totally happy, again realizing what I bought is not a $40K + Euro car.

I'm very sorry if I have offended anybody but I have been offended by all of the negative comments on this car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Deech @ Sep 24 2010, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358533
I just don't get it. I can't believe how many people on this forum bash the new Sonata. It is very much different from the other forums I subscribe to like Lexus and Audi. I'm sure people will chime in now and say that a Hyundai is not these cars and I will be the first to tell you, that's true but, I think for the money, it is the best bang for the buck.

First you need to understand that this is an under $30K car. If you do, you will know that all the bells and whisles you look for will not be there. I frankly have taken this car for what it is and that is a very nice car for the money. Yes the leather seats are not premium like a Lexus or Audi but, your not paying over $40K for the car.

I suggest that you just enjoy the car for what it is keeping in mind that there are a lot of opinions on this forum as well as any forum and everyone drives and treats there car differently. I joined this forum to learn more about my car and share information. I'm sorry that there are so many dissatisfied owners. It makes me think what were you all thinking when you bought this car. I know for myself, I did a lot of research before purchasing my car and although I have only 900 miles on the car I have been totally happy, again realizing what I bought is not a $40K + Euro car.

I'm very sorry if I have offended anybody but I have been offended by all of the negative comments on this car.
I'm with you, Deech - +1 and a :trophy:

The fact that some compare the Sonata to a Lexus or Audi does speak well for the Sonata, that's for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Deech +2

We have a '11 Black Sonata with camel interior, live in Central Fl. and have made it thru August. The air has worked great and have been impressed with the 4 bangers power and economy. Plus the low noise and vibration for a 4 cyl is very good. There are alot of nice cars out there, but this one has the best bang for the $$$$. We would make the same purchase again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (Jetbert @ Sep 24 2010, 08:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358595
Deech +2

We have a '11 Black Sonata with camel interior, live in Central Fl. and have made it thru August. The air has worked great and have been impressed with the 4 bangers power and economy. Plus the low noise and vibration for a 4 cyl is very good. There are alot of nice cars out there, but this one has the best bang for the $$$$. We would make the same purchase again.

Same here but north FL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE (Deech @ Sep 24 2010, 05:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358533
but I have been offended by all of the negative comments on this car.
I am personally glad you spoke your mind. With that in mind I do not understand what you are offended at. At any price point one wants to get the most for their buck and I think the Hyundai goes a long way in doing this as well.

I however view things you are being offended at many times being people who care so much for there new vehicles that they want to treat them like gold and solve or improve any shortcomings these vehicles may have (as any vehicle does).

What you view as “bashing” I find to be people expressing their honest impressions. While they may not always sugar coat it for the essence of time in posting typically I have rarely seen anything overtly rude or what I would consider to outright bashing here.

While I think trading a car off so early for color and its too hot inside is nuts they may be far better off financially and feel comfortable in trading. I am very glad this person posted and hope they are not insulted for expressing their thoughts.

I would glad to be in a room with Optimists but would want the other half of the room to be filled with Pessimists, kind of helps one keep perspective on both sides.

Regards,

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't trade the car in for any of the minor complaints that I cited. The seats were a real issue, though.

Since I didn't feel the car was a "keeper" for more than a couple of years, I thought it best to get a good value for it while it is still a "hot" model. I am still a fan of the car and Hyundai in general.

So is my wife, who drives one herself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
If shabadoo25 is happier in another car, let him be. I don't think he was out of line in saying he didn't care for the seats and rattles. Notice he got a top of the line Euro Accord, not a direct competitor to the Sonata. If he said he got a 4-cyl Camry or 4-Cyl US Accord and he is happier I'd say he is crazy, but in the end it is whatever floats his boat.

Deech, I love your passion and agree Hyundai gets attacked by people who have their head stuck on 80's Excels. The Sonata just overthrew the Altima for third place in Midsize sales. I am seeing more and more of them every day. The factories cannot produce SEs quick enough. It is nominated, and I think is a solid contender for "Car of the Year".

Strangely enough, my prior car was a Lexus and the Car before was an Audi. Yeah the plastics used inside the car are harder, and yes there are a few rattles, however, I understand it is a different class of car. The fact that it is compared with the premium makes only shows that Hyundai hit a home run as far as styling. I would have never considered a Hyundai before the Genesis, G Coupe and Sonata. I get more compliments on my Sonata than I ever got on my Lexus or Audi (they were fixed up as well).

·
Registered
141 Posts
I can't figure out why someone would want to take such a beating on a car (taxes and depreciation) for such minor complaints.
Seats....they were staring you right in the face when you opened the door for a test drive.
Color...sorry dude ,your choice.
Dash rattels...have the dealer fix them.
You say you want to trade because Sonatas are "hot models for trade in's" ...I wonder why they are "hot"
Finally you said that you will hang around the forum.
What for if you hate the car so much .

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (dynamike @ Sep 25 2010, 06:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=358760
I can't figure out why someone would want to take such a beating on a car (taxes and depreciation) for such minor complaints.
Seats....they were staring you right in the face when you opened the door for a test drive.
Color...sorry dude ,your choice.
Dash rattels...have the dealer fix them.
You say you want to trade because Sonatas are "hot models for trade in's" ...I wonder why they are "hot"
Finally you said that you will hang around the forum.
What for if you hate the car so much .
I never said I hated the car, exactly the opposite actually. I just wanted a different kind of driving experience--more of a "living room on wheels" kind of cushy deal.

FYI, test drives can't duplicate what it's like to put up with a car seat for a multi-hour drive day after day.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Bottom line is - It is your money, and whatever makes you happy......

I like the fact you are not bashing the Sonata to make you feel better about your deal..

I am like a lot of the other people here. I realize how much I spent and what I bought.

There were a lot of things missing that I wanted on this car, so I spent the bucks and either did the mod myself or had it done and now I pretty much have the car I want and can live with the ride etc for the money I spent..

I am happy and it sounds like you will be happy with your new purchase too..... Good for you....

LIke someone else said ( I think it was Ayces ) I have gotten more compliments with this car that any other car I have ever owned...

I stopped to let me wife off yesterday and I drove about a half block away to find a parking space. When I got back to her she was smiling and said "It happened again". She said a stranger walked up to her and asked what kind of car was that she had just gotten out of... He said it was really a great looking car.......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts