Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of years ago my fob stopped working. I have done a lot of research as I know it will be costly to take it to the dealer. Has anyone tried Ace Hardware for a key. I went there last year & they checked my key & found it was dead. But I am worried if I order a new key fob it might be something else in the car not working. Any tips ie local lock smith etc? And I would like to get 2 remote keys should I order a fob from Amazon or the web or just head to the dealer. Thanks for any help. I can use the key manually, but it's a pain walking around the parking lot looking for my car - lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I'm a big old geek. I have a battery tester & it tested fine & I even bought a new one. Dead as doornail. I dropped into Ace today & they found a new fob that would work for $169. I asked if it was guarrented to work & was told they never had one not work. And even if it didn't I could take it to the dealer for programing. Next week I will check with the dealer for their opinion. It would be nice to end up with 2 remote fobs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts