Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 2003 Hyundai Accent has lost illumination on all gauges. Oddly the clusters light up when I arm and disarm the alarm system. The fuses look good and this all began when I had to fix the stereo. At this point I am lost and I need guidance. I have a few ideas in mind that could be causing this behavior. The computer may be going out, a wire got pinched and cut the connection, or I just plainly shorted out something. I have a video showing the problem I am having and I'll have a link to my youtube video. Any help would be awesome!

My Instrument Cluster won't Illuminate - YouTube

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
don't be so hasty to blame the computer. people usually do, and guess what? it almost never is.

this sounds like a wiring or relay issue to me. you're getting the dash come on with the alarm system, so we can rule out fuses, bulbs, and that dimmer switch.

is this alarm system stock or was it added? some details on the alarm would be helpful.

unfortunately there is no simple solution here. you're going to be tracking down wires and relays....

i looked up the schematics for the 1.6L, if you have the 1.5 could be different...but i'm not seeing much that could account for this behaviour. my approach would be to inspect the wiring behind the dash...yeah i know not fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is this alarm system stock or was it added? some details on the alarm would be helpful.
It's an aftermarket alarm I had installed by the audioshop guys when I had my old deck.

i looked up the schematics for the 1.6L, if you have the 1.5 could be different...but i'm not seeing much that could account for this behaviour. my approach would be to inspect the wiring behind the dash...yeah i know not fun.
Goody. one piece of advice given to me last night is to try to pinch some of the wires behind the center console and see if one of the wires have a weak connection or a thin thread. I also just realized my driver rear running light and license plate lights have also stopped working. The biggest mistake i made before all this happened was not disconnecting the battery. now i am beginning to learn my lesson. But thank you for looking into the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts