Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice I thought so, don?t see many non stock Hyundai around here.
That's for sure. I've done almost everything to mine by hand because there's not many mods for the 2015 sonatas. The only thing I had done was the tires put on the wheels. I've always liked the sonatas ever since my mom had bought a new one in 2007. So I ended up buying myself a new one back at the end of 2015 and been trying to find new ways to make it stand out from the rest of them but also trying to be conservative and not do too much that it ruins the look of the car overall

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah not many mods for Hyundai vehicles in general. If you ever see this Elantra around its me. She is almost 7

I have seen it! My girl has an Elantra and I have been trying to convince her to do a few things to it and I pointed out the roof rack and told her she needed a rack on hers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have seen it! My girl has an Elantra and I have been trying to convince her to do a few things to it and I pointed out the roof rack and told her she needed a rack on hers

My roof rack is for hauling bikes but it looks good too. Only downside is fuel economy hit up to 20% on the hwy.
Yeah that's the sucky part but I like how some of the newer racks look on the cars plus i would love having one for trips

·
Registered
669 Posts
My roof rack is for hauling bikes but it looks good too. Only downside is fuel economy hit up to 20% on the hwy.
Maybe when they are being used, because the typical payload isn't very sleek, whether it is bikes or kayaks, but the newest ones are very slippery and don't affect the mileage at all.

Just to prove that to myself, I took the factory racks off my new SFSU, and the difference over 250 miles is negligible, less than 2%

I can get 10% better mileage if I find uncut fuel without ethanol, but the cost is usually more than 10% more, so why bother?

Attachments

·
Retired Staff
11,816 Posts
Yeah the new style of rack is better for fuel economy if you don’t leave the equipment mounts on but its not worth the time to bolt and unbolt bike racks a few times a week. You also take a smaller hit with a SUV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts