Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
garmin nuvi 1450 with 5" screen on top of my sunvisor! I was going to use velcro straps but these two 7mm thick rubber bands did the trick. holds very well and easy to remove when need of charging, and probably the safest location to use while driving!

also tucks away very well when sunvisor is against the headliner (not in use).

·
Registered
717 Posts
Very nice, I thought I would never need a GPS and just use google maps but **** it has been so nice when traveling.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Like the idea in principle but maybe you are younger than 45 since when you are passed that, the sun visor is just too close, folks older than 45 - 50 should know what I am talking about.

·
Registered
264 Posts
in my last car i had a garmin gps that i stuck the suction cup mount way up under the top of the windshield, just right of the mirror. when i parked the car and removed the unit, you couldnt even see the mount behind the tinted area.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah but the difference is this: you need to always remove it and shove it into the glove compartment or wherever.

with this on the sunvisor, u simply just flip the sunvisor to the up position.

QUOTE (gregd71 @ Sep 8 2010, 07:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355143
in my last car i had a garmin gps that i stuck the suction cup mount way up under the top of the windshield, just right of the mirror. when i parked the car and removed the unit, you couldnt even see the mount behind the tinted area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts