Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate idiots that don't know how to park thier cars. I decided to step out during my lunch break and guess what i saw? A dent, the size of most muffler pipes and some marks on the front bumper. **** this ticks me off. My first scratch on the car. =(

What's your story?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Mine is five yrs old and is flawless - a miracle

One of the reasons I bought the H. Sonata is that it is the invisible car.

If it were a Ferrari, I'm sure it would be banged up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As much as I want my car to remain in it's relatively pristine condition I know it's inevitable that dings will come my way.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I was t-boned by a 4-day-old Volvo SUV this AM. No one hurt but both driver side doors are toast and there's some damage to the rear panel near the rear tire.

My fault; unfamiliar town, didn't see the all-way stop sign.

Sheitza! I got serenaded by the door ajar bonger all the (rest of the) way to work and back.

Coulda been worse ... I'm gonna be getting in on the passenger side for a while.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (Dennis the Mennis @ Aug 18 2010, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350309
I was t-boned by a 4-day-old Volvo SUV this AM. No one hurt but both driver side doors are toast and there's some damage to the rear panel near the rear tire.

My fault; unfamiliar town, didn't see the all-way stop sign.

Sheitza! I got serenaded by the door ajar bonger all the (rest of the) way to work and back.

Coulda been worse ... I'm gonna be getting in on the passenger side for a while.

You got T-Boned? What the poop Dennis? Unfamiliar area...been there...experienced that. My folks Vega back in '78. Glad to hear you can still get in and out of the car. That means glad you're OK brother. This will be interesting to see the "repair" quote. No air bag deploy I guess? You've had KC for a number of years now....if a total will you buy again? I know a great 06 that might just be for sa.....

BTW there's a very good thread about disabling the "bonger". Where's Tommer when you want him?

:gitara:

·
Registered
500 Posts
I use to work at a store everybody knows, it was called Wal-Mart, I parked in what I thought was safe areas...

WRONG. Once during a storm i came out to see a cart that ran right into the driver side rear door... (small dent)

I also was in my car during lunch I just parked (I reverse into parking spots usually), and this lady next to me decides to get out and 'the wind took her door out of her hand' so it banged my driver door! Somehow it hit my 'ding guard strip' so there was no dent but I deff gave her a piece of my mind.

On the way home one morning around 1am I was on the back roads with HIDs and high beams on **** deer jumped infront of me so the brake petal was to the floor trying to swerve around this deer (for you ESC haters it DID HELP) somehow the deer hit my right side fender and left a slight crease where it hit.

This one tops all.... I once came out at about 12 midnight (I was parked in the very rear of the parking lot on the side of the buliding) and I found S*** on my hood, I was so heated.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
No airbags. "Total" might apply if I carried collision; no collision, just liability. I'd buy a Kia Forte, but it's time to consider options.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for replying. I'm sorry to hear about everyone's story..but I guess we can feeling better about our situations when we discuss it with other Sonata drivers.

Last summer with my old Sonata(09 gls), I woke up one morning on my way to work to see my driver side mirror stolen. The whole unit was stolen, im sure of it...because I didnt see any pieces on the floor..( PHOCKING A$$$HOLES)....add insult to injury...There was an orange traffic ticket placed on my windshield for $45 because i was "missing equipment".

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had my first Sonata for a little over a month. It's an 09 GLS and the first time in my life I've ever had a car payment. A little over a week after some one in a grocery store parking lot busted my mirror. I kinda popped it back so i can see out of it but the black part where it mounts is broke. Store said they had camera's and I reported it but the cop said they didn't see anything on the tapes.

Estimate was $300 and I have a $500 deductible. Guess it isn't getting fixed any time soon.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh **** BTHORNTON23...that sucks. Dont bother going to the dealership and getting it fixed. You will save more money if you get an aftermarket sideview mirrow that folds online. Check out Koreanautoimports.com.

Good luck Buddy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts