Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely gorgeous is what I have to say. Saw a Venetian Red SE model just zoom right past me on I20 head east bound in Arlington Texas as I was about to get into the highway. Of course I floored my car just to catch up.

My goodness the lines on the car look absolutely fantastic. I finally understand what the designers meant by integrating the back with the front. The lines on the back of the car flows all the way to the front and vice versa. You'd get dizzy just by staring and following the lines on this car! :)

The SE rims definitely made the car have that strong stance. I loved the way the car(at least from the rear) had the Genesis coupe and Genesis design language incorporated into it. It definitely had the presence.

In total, one heck of a design. I'm officially jealous of you owners. :grin:

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
First time I saw one was at the NY Auto Show, fell in love with the car.  Didn't really see any until the last week where I've met several on the road.  I was behind one for the last two days in a row.  Beautiful cars you 5th gen guys have, I must say I'm envious. :)   Truly a work of art!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Saw another one today in the Bay Area. Driving on the 101 S near the Mercado in Santa Clara...silver Limited. Anyone here?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Saw the back of a silver one exiting. Just looked bleh to me from the rear, at first I thought it was an elantra. I dunno, maybe its because today is so gloomy. I saw a white one a week back and it was pretty sweet. I think LED tails will really make the rear pop more.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I still haven't seen one. I live in the Bay Area, my gf hasn't seen one either (she's the daily driver). It's annoying in a good way, to not even be able to shop for custom wheels because the on-car preview thing doesn't have your model!
When I set up my insurance, Geico didn't even have the car in their system, hehe.
Big change from rolling around in 80s and early 90s jalopies.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I saw a black one on US-26 East near the Sylvan exit about a week or so ago. That car looks sooooo good in person. B)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went from a 2009 WRX to looking at a Genesis Coupe. Saw the SE on the lot and just loved the lines and more elegant look of the car in general! Many good compliments from people.......debadged the Sonata emblem on the trunk to keep people guessing lol. Looks cleaner too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Seems like I am seeing one every day! Saw one parked at Sushi California when I went to dinner. I think I am going to stop posting now...

·
Registered
594 Posts
First one I saw was a Silver Limited parked outside a restaurant where we had dinner. I was watching the car through the window to monitor when the proud owner would pitch up when 5 teenagers walked cheerfully out of the same restaurant, unlocked the car, got in and drove away...........................The Sonata has certainly changed its image.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts