Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had a really long post composed, but I got up in the middle of writing it and when I got back the forum informed me that my session had timed out.

So much for all that. I think I'll keep it brief(er). I'm a very serious motorsports enthusiast, and gave up my 99 BMW M3 (with a 4.10 rear end, cams, etc) because I need something reliable.

Long before the BMW I was a hardcore DSM'er, owned several Galant VR4s, and basically worshiped the 4G63. Best platform I've ever worked on.

Aaanyhow, I now have a 2014 Accent, M6, and overall I'm pretty satisfied.

The one thing I can't get about the car is the freakin gear ratios. 1st through 3rd are really wide, and then 4th through 6th not so much. The problem is the final drive, really. I made a spreadsheet that compares the total gear ratios of the two cars, but this forum won;t let me upload an excel file, and my free trial of acrobat expired.

I know that the Veloster shares the Gamma motor with the Accent, and the differential in the Veloster Turbo has a ratio of 4.467%.... If the swap were straightforward enough and not guaranteed to void my warranty, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I like good gas mileage and all, but that's what gears 5 and 6 are for. I can't stand being unable to maneuver quickly when I'm driving in the city.

Anyways, that's enough out of me. If anyone knows anything about that differential swap, definitely hit me up.^_^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:00000732::00000732::00000732:
I hope when I arrive at the dealership in Garden Grove, California, they are equally welcoming.

The cost of the car I picked up Wednesday is nearly identical to the base model Veloster, but I'm hoping I might wind up in the R-Spec.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts