Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past several weeks the "ESC-Off" light has been coming on intermittently on my 07 Sonata SE. The light would turn off each time I restarted my car. At first the light would only come on about every 2 days, and then it came on more and more. Finally the light started coming back on shortly after each time I would restart the car. I knew then I had to do something. So, I searched this Hyundai Forum and found out that there where several possible issues that could cause the "ESC-Off" light to come on. I then went to my local Autozone store to have them connect up an error code reader to the car to see what was causing the problem. But, they had me turn the engine off, under protest, before they would do the diagnostic test. Their code reader showed no error messages. So, I went in search of a repair shop that would connect a code reader for free so the problem could be diagnosed. By an accidental miracle I found such a repair shop. After checking for error messages, with the engine running and the "ESC-Off" light on, the code reader showed that I had a bad brake light switch. I suspected that was the problem after reading this forum but I wasn't sure. I told the repair technician that I took the car to the local Hyundai dealer for a recall on the brake system a while back and thought that they had already replaced that switch. He recommended that I go back to the dealer to see if they would replace the switch for free under warranty. He also said that if something went wrong at the dealer, that I should purchase the brake light switch and he would put it on for me. Went I went to the dealership they checked their records and showed I was there about 2 yrs ago and had some work done, but nothing under recall for the brake system. I know they where wrong but I didn't feel like arguing too much, mainly because a new brake light switch was only $ 5.44 with tax included. I took the switch back to the local repair shop, and the repair technician had the brake light switch installed in about 2 minutes. And the big kicker is that they didn't even charge me a dime!!!!!! I was shocked!! I am totally not use to being treated with such honesty and fairness when it comes to car repairs!!
So, my saga of the "ESC-Off" light has finally come to an end and now I don't have to stress over that stupid light being on!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
So, if you are ever in the Houston, Texas area and in need of an honest auto repair shop, I highly recommend this place Jays Automotive & Transmissions : Automotive Service and Maintenance in Conroe, TX

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, I feel really blessed for having found such an honest and helpful repair shop! KC? Sorry, not sure what that is?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I name my cars. KC was a friend who was living proof that people can change, sometimes completely, and for the better. Just like Hyundai.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is cool about KC! Changing for the better is always the way to go! I have named some of my old cars but I haven't named my Sonata yet! I see the car as a girl for some reason? I will have to find a good name for her!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts