Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this 2014 Elantra SE for my daughter and it has the stock 15"rims and tires.
But since got some rims for my 2017 sonata sport about 3 months ago and I had the rims in the garage collecting dust.
I thought I would try my old stock 2017 sonata 17"rims on my daughters Elantra.
I think they look better on the Elantra then they did on my sonata.
What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
They look nice but your Daughter may need to be aware the vehicle will be travelling faster than what is indicated in comparison to the OEM wheels you had.

You need to drop the profile to 45 to be close to the OEM specs and keep the speedometer calibration matched.

215/45/17 or 205/50/17

WIth that setup at 60mph the vehicle will now be doing 63.2. generally speedometers will be slightly over what you are actually doing or travelling slightly slower than indicated.

I find this site very useful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look nice but your Daughter may need to be aware the vehicle will be travelling faster than what is indicated in comparison to the OEM wheels you had.

You need to drop the profile to 45 to be close to the OEM specs and keep the speedometer calibration matched.

215/45/17 or 205/50/17

WIth that setup at 60mph the vehicle will now be doing 63.2. generally speedometers will be slightly over what you are actually doing or travelling slightly slower than indicated.

I find this site very useful.

Thanks for the input.
I will consider when the time comes to buy the new tires that the 17" rims needs.
I bought new tires when I first got the car and they have about 1000 miles now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts