Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[attachment=21163:110710093319.jpg]This picture was taken with my phone. Better pictures to follow. I can't wait to do more things to this car. Next on the list is rims and HID's

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
QUOTE (Swams555 @ Nov 7 2010, 01:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369737
Ahhh looks sick dude what grill is that? I've been looking for that one!
It looks like the Shark Racing grille in matte black, the same one I have... I just blacked out the top piece this weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (BiGMERF @ Nov 7 2010, 01:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369735
those really look good.......Im not even going to lie.. looking forward to more pics

Let me get this right DRL'S= Daytime Running Lamps

Now what happens when you turn on the headlights? Wont it look tacky? Having the DRL'S LED and the reg HL's ?

When the headlights come on the drl automatically turn off so they're never on at the same time unless i turn on my highbeams. You lose your highbeam's with this set up but I only drive in the city so i never use my highbeams. You get a lot of looks from people with these in. Worth every penny

·
Registered
365 Posts
QUOTE (Swams555 @ Nov 7 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369741
Looks bad ****.. How was the installation?
It was a pain in the rear getting the screws off the back of the factory grille. I had to use an angle screwdriver to go in between the radiator and the grille. Once you get the old one off, installation is easy, just snap it in place and put the 6 plastic screws back in the top of the grille.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
QUOTE (Mark10 @ Nov 7 2010, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369711
[attachment=21163:110710093319.jpg]This picture was taken with my phone. Better pictures to follow. I can't wait to do more things to this car. Next on the list is rims and HID's
Where did you get the DRLs? I wanted some from V-LEDs but they are out

·
Registered
264 Posts
QUOTE (Iceberg802 @ Nov 7 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369752
Where did you get the DRLs? I wanted some from V-LEDs but they are out
i got a v-leds white 6k H7 set if you're local (New Jersey). i swapped mine out for the super bright h11. had to bend the retention clip a little to hold them in, but now they match my fogs exactly. i have the fogs relayed to the drls, so mine looks better having all 4 bulbs the same.

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (gregd71 @ Nov 7 2010, 07:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369769
i got a v-leds white 6k H7 set if you're local (New Jersey). i swapped mine out for the super bright h11. had to bend the retention clip a little to hold them in, but now they match my fogs exactly. i have the fogs relayed to the drls, so mine looks better having all 4 bulbs the same.
How much you want for them?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Grille looks good.
I'd blackout the top chrome to make it look better.

·
Registered
365 Posts
QUOTE (Mark10 @ Nov 8 2010, 09:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369939
Yeah I was thinking about that. I need to find out how "armycop" had his done above....
There are 6 nylon nuts on the underside of the hood holding the chrome piece on, I think 13mm or so for a socket. Just take the chrome piece off, sand with medium then fine sandpaper. Clean the surface thoroughly with alcohol. I used Duplicolor Trim Paint (matte black) which I got at Autozone for $5.99. Came out great and it's a really easy mod. Just go with several light coats, letting it dry for 20 minutes in between coats.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts