Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new shoes for my Phantom Black Sonata GLS!

Ultra Apex Platinum 200 18"x8" with 225/45R18 tires, 35% tint on all windows, Sonata shaved off of truck, and Arctic Purple 8000K headlights (picture to come).

Let me know what you think of how she looks... Also if you have any good ideas of other things to do let me know...

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (bankerboy32 @ Jun 7 2010, 10:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330807

Ultra Apex Platinum 200 18"x8" with 225/45R18 tires, 35% tint on all windows, Sonata shaved off of truck, and Arctic Purple 8000K headlights (picture to come).

Let me know what you think of how she looks... Also if you have any good ideas of other things to do let me know...
I say you should lower it. :shades:

·
Registered
167 Posts
ahh man another nice set of wheels... You guys are killing me! Might have to get some new shoes for my ride this summer!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Very sweet looking rims man! :thumbsup:

I agree that lowering it would really make the stance look great plus would give you better performance in the twisties :banana:

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (stunt101 @ Jun 8 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331007
ahh man another nice set of wheels... You guys are killing me! Might have to get some new shoes for my ride this summer!
I always encourage buying a nice set of wheels. These cars definately stick out with wheels on them. In my case i wouldn't even own the car if the dealer had not put the wheels on it and placed the car out on the main road to make me drooool.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (bankerboy32 @ Jun 8 2010, 01:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330807

Looks awesome man! Keep up the good taste, i would like to see the 5g sonata take off and start showing up at shows all decked out. The last generation didn't do that at all.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 9 2010, 12:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331095
Looks awesome man! Keep up the good taste, i would like to see the 5g sonata take off and start showing up at shows all decked out. The last generation didn't do that at all.
u mean you can't wait for the car to show up on "Pimp My Ride" so it can be all riced out and then every 17yr old and his brother will want one and they can all become like civics!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks great. :thumbsup: What tires did you go with? Not a big fan of the stock Hankooks on the SE.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (jdubs @ Jun 9 2010, 08:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331185
Looks great. :thumbsup: What tires did you go with? Not a big fan of the stock Hankooks on the SE.
agreed...i plan on going with bridgestones or michelins once they suckers wear out

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 9 2010, 09:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331197
not quite what i had in mind.
nope, but when a car is new, priced aggressively and attracts a younger crowd, it's only a matter of time before the car crosses over into the "dark side"

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 9 2010, 08:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331198
nope, but when a car is new, priced aggressively and attracts a younger crowd, it's only a matter of time before the car crosses over into the "dark side"
I agree, but I don't want to see any with body kits and bolt on spoilers and fart can mufflers. I mean wheels and coilovers or springs to give it a nice stance, maybe a lip spoiler, an aftermarket grille and some window tint. for a family sedan i would consider that "decked out", and it would still be in good taste.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the wheels, but i'm more interested in what kind of tires you got and how they handle. I don't want passerby looking at my wheels in the ditch when i slide off a curve doing 50mph :p You gotta buy sticky rubber more often, but IMO its worth it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Jun 9 2010, 12:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331255
I agree, but I don't want to see any with body kits and bolt on spoilers and fart can mufflers. I mean wheels and coilovers or springs to give it a nice stance, maybe a lip spoiler, an aftermarket grille and some window tint. for a family sedan i would consider that "decked out", and it would still be in good taste.
Haha I think you just described my last Sonata (check out my garage as I haven't updated it yet). . . Although I wouldn't rule out all body kits. Some body kits (namely lip kits) would compliment the car too, although this car really doesn't need much body work. It looks great as is!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts