Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a lot of research and testing to get this installed correctly with our lack of an ETM. No schematics to work with, so I used connector pin outs and wire chasing. I did select one wrong wire on the first try, but quickly corrected it and the test was great.

The kit can be found on eBay, called Rain Tracker.

I will post pics and a wiring diagram for other DIYers out there. I will soon install one in my daughter's Accent RB and put out a DIY and schematic too.

001 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg 001a Auto Wiper DIY.jpg

001b Auto Wiper DIY.jpg 1 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg

2 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg 3 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg

4 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg 5 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg

6 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg 7 Auto Wiper DIY.jpg

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seeing is believing

Below is a link showing me using a spray bottle to simulate rain and mist. This really works quite well.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, nice write up. Good job. Always like seeing your work!
Thank you! I just try to help those that think some mods are too hard to do. Putting a few pics, notes ans sequence them to simplify it, gives others the chance to enjoy the mods too.

I finished my last item today. I put on some stripes. Not for everyone's taste, but after all, most GT's have them.

GT Striped FR.jpg GT Striped Top.jpg

Next is my daughter's Accent that I will install the Auto Wiper kit too.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I like it, it looks good!! The eagle looks like a real logo for the car haha!!

You have a lucky daughter, my dad never "pimped" my ride for me haha :D

When my son arrives in early February, I have have to start saving so I can help "pimp" his ride in 16 or so years haha!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a good plan. Get him out there early and teach him so he can take pride in doing it too. People tend to take better care of thing they put time, money and effort into.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great idea. Now why didn't I think of it? Thanks for letting us know to go to Ebay for it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great idea. Now why didn't I think of it? Thanks for letting us know to go to Ebay for it.
The wiring diagram that I posted will work for the '13 Elantra GT. It will most likely use other colored wires for other vehicles. I know for sure that it differs on a '13 Accent GS. If you have access to the ETM, it isn't hard to figure out the correct color wires to connect to.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RE: Question was asked what is your next mod.

How about info on:

Tying the
Rain Tracker rainsensor into:

Sunroof /Power Window circuit to close sunroof /auto roll windows up if rain is sensed.

I'm sure those things can be done. There is an additional circuit on the Rain Tracker that will also turn on your Lights automatically too. That could potentially be used to close your windows and sunroof. On the negative side, it would also close and open the windows and sunroof when it becomes dark and light too. I am still trying to tie in the headlight circuit, but it may be a little over my head. Sometimes you can't have it all without spending the big bucks or be more knowledgeable than I am. The biggest problem is trying to do some of this wiring without a ETM to work with on the Elantra GT. The wipers work like a charm and I am content with it. I don't see any other major mods in the near future though. But I will keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It shows all of the connectors and layouts, but no schematics at all. The Shop Manual is great, but not the ETM. And it doesn't come close to matching the MD either.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yeah it sucks knowing, connector 1b, pin 14 is the wire I am looking for but no idea what color it is or where is goes to and comes from, and I would need to rip apart the whole dash to figure it out haha

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The biggest problem is when it goes into the BCM or junction box. Then you don't know what it does inside or where it goes from there. Relays could be involved or just a straight shot to another connector out. Mystery in a book is good, not while connecting up a circuit.

·
22,793 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Being from Texas, I'd have thought you would go with Burnt Orange/White stripes! ;) Seriously, those are a nice touch! And the rain sensor mod is off the hook! :thumbsup:
No burnt orange for me, I'm a **** Yankee. I was raised in NY and then joined the Marine Corps and stayed in the Southern states for 20 years and haven't left since.

I just installed another Auto wiper system in my daughter's Accent GS today. My wife hasn't hinted about installing one in her Sonata yet.

Thanks Rich!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts