Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year my 2013 Accent SE hatchback was totaled. I repaired it and drove it for a year. This week I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended and I am not injured accept a little whiplash.

Autobody shop looked at it but did not want to waste their time on doing an estimate. They said the insurance company will total it.

Next week the insurance company will evaluate the damage.

· Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The person that hit me, her insurance company called me and told me that they will take responsibility for the accident.
They will inspect the car sometime this week. They had big rebates last week so I bought a new Hyundai Elantra GT.
Got $2500 rebate to sell 2018 models before 2019's hit the lot. Got $1000 for being a veteran and $1676 off (internet price discount).
That's over $5000 off a car that listed for $23345. I wanted to buy another Accent hatchback, but as you know no more hatchbacks for USA.

I was planning on giving my car to my nephew next year. If they fix it he will get it early. If they total car, I will repair it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.