Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled in the bay exactly at 15k on the odometer. Saw my salesman from back in late march and let him know who I was. He said, oh, you sent your co-worker in last week and he bought a '13 E LTD. I said yea. Then he said, he still owes us a key for his trade in. I said I would mention it to him and he handed me the $100 check for referring someone to the dealer ;)

Then (Rich) I walked out to the car and removed the dealer plate frames and drove off. ($27.50 for an oil change with them, vs. 42.50 without). lol

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You guys have any snow up there? I'm guessing not.

·
22,788 Posts
Then (Rich) I walked out to the car and removed the dealer plate frames and drove off. ($27.50 for an oil change with them, vs. 42.50 without). lol
Great job. I love it! You just paid yourself $15 for 5 minutes work. Nice. Plus you picked up a cool $100 bird dog fee! REAL nice. Keep fighting the good fight! LMAO.

(don't lose that dealer plate...whatever you do...)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I clicked this thread wondering why you would change your oil three times in one day! :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
You guys have any snow up there? I'm guessing not.
We hadn't any snow all winter. Saturday, went to my mother-in-law's home to visit & came home in late afternoon. Started snowing 2 hours after we got home...... 3 inches, but gone by this morning. We been dodging snow pretty good, compared to most of the country.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't think I'd go that far. If I trusted the dealer to change the oil for me, I would probably just stow the plate frame in the trunk and show the Service writer and demand the $27.50 price. If they wouldn't honor it, I'd find a different dealer and never do business with that one again.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The last time I went @ 10k they offered to put them on for me. It's not a bad deal and they are one of the few to offer discounts on service for "advertising" the dealership. It seems the whole situation irritates you. Sorry for that. It's no big deal for me.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
In Texas the local Nissan dealer would send out regular coupons for oil change and tire rotation on the Pathfinder for $30. They used Valvoline standard 5.5qts and a Nissan filter which costs at least $7. Considering the pain in the butt factor of rotating full sized SUV tires it was worth every penny and I never had issues. I have not found that deal here in KY yet so I DIY the oil and let discount tire rotate and balance me for free. The 45 minutes spent at the tire store reading car magazines every 6 months is worth not hurting my back. The Elantra is 100% diy except when wheels need balance but I buy all my tires from Discount.

·
22,788 Posts
Find a tire store you love and you'll never rotate or balance your tires ever again!

·
22,788 Posts
For a $175, seems really reasonable, to me. I received a 1 year warranty on my alignment. It was $79, less $10 from the tire store and another $40 rebate from Bridgestone because I also bought 4 tires. So, I couldn't pass that up. And it only makes sense to have the alignment checked when putting on new rubber. Otherwise, suppose it was off and not corrected? There go the dollars on the tire investment right down the drain.

I'd rater pay a little up front than a whole lot down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts