· Registered
2023 Limited, serenity white / black
94 Posts
Wow! And no information was left?

· Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was given three repair shops by insurance company to call for appointmen. Two are out there in left field with appointments middle of March! Third one was able to go Saturday morning (Jan 21) and got estimate done and preorder parts, taking it in Jan 30th!

· Registered
2023 Sonata Limited
562 Posts
Third one was able to go Saturday morning (Jan 21) and got estimate done and preorder parts, taking it in Jan 30th!
First, this totally sucks but I am glad the person took responsibility.

Can you share the cost of that repair? If not comfortable with it, no worries. I am just curious.

· Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First, this totally sucks but I am glad the person took responsibility.

Can you share the cost of that repair? If not comfortable with it, no worries. I am just curious.
I don‘t mind sharing the cost of repairs. Guess I’ll find out on the 30th of this month when I take it in.

· Registered
2023 Limited, serenity white / black
94 Posts
Well, there is this plus side... if you were wanting to upgrade to LED reverse lights, this would be a good time. Easy access on the driver's side. 🙃

Reactions: reus49

· Registered
13 Posts
I was given three repair shops by insurance company to call for appointment. Two are out there in left field with appointments middle of March! Third one was able to go Saturday morning (Jan 21) and got estimate done and preorder parts, taking it in Jan 30th!
I just went through the same thing. My accident was 12/15 (not my fault). I was able to drive home with the bumper bungeed - otherwise it would have been dragging on the ground.

The repair shop said they couldn't look at it until the following Monday, although I was able to get a rental through my insurance the next day (Friday). But Friday afternoon I got a call from the insurance company stating they wouldn't pay for the rental I had gotten earlier in the day if my car was at my house and was drivable, so I drove it to the repair shop and left it in their parking lot. I was able to put my keys and instructions in an envelope in their drop box.

Interestingly, even though the police report stated the other driver didn't see me when she made her left turn (while I was going straight through the intersection), and the report stated I did not contribute to the accident, the claim rep conceded 10% liability because of the point of impact. So even when it clearly isn't your fault, they may charge you with some liability.

I picked up my car on January 17, so it was just over a month. Sure glad to have my 2015 Santa Fe back - much nicer than the new Mazda CX-5 I rented.

· Registered
2021 Sonata Limited
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our most recent body damage (deer) left us waiting 11 months for all the parts to get to the bodyshop. Once they had those, it was just a few days work! Hope you don't run into "supply chain issues"...
Who knows what's the delay is gonna be! If its that long, I guess I'll get a Huey out of mothballs and use it!! o_O o_O

1 - 19 of 19 Posts