Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe XL GLS Premium
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased a 2014 Santa Fe XL GLS Premium on November 19, 2019. I used to drive a 2012 Prius III but needed something bigger. So I went from this

to this.

I was part of a forum call PriusChat and they were awesome with ideas and was looking for something similar for my Santa Fe to chronicle my build. My 6 passenger Santa Fe had 171 427 kms on it with the a panoramic sunroof, memory seating, leather interior, power lift gate and a back up camera that didn't work. I was also told that I had a 1 year extended warranty that cover the transmission and anything that oil touched. More on that later. :mad:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First thing I purchased January 22, 2020 was a set up cross bars for the roof basket I had for my Prius when we would travel for more cargo space in the vehicle. They cost me about $180 on Kijiji brand new and eBay had them listed for around $300 plus shipping. So far this vehicle was awesome to drive and very comfortable.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purchased some off road lights for the basket and an extension on February 17, 2020. I made a custom grill cover to retain some of the heat when warming the vehicle up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a set up 20" DVinci rims for $150 and a set of Michelin Premier LTX 235/55r20 all season tires for $200 with free installation and balancing on March 14, 2020. Found them all on Facebook Marketplace. Not a bad deal. Still not really sure on how I wanted to go with this vehicle yet as I was thinking about going with 22" or 24" in rims with sport tires, but everyone was doing that already and I wanted to go a different route...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In April, I received my Android head unit from eBay and installed it with the DVD headrests I have installed in my Prius. I had to reupholstered them from grey vinyl to black to match the black interior. It was a pretty easy install as the head unit came with all the connections to the factory plugs. I can't complain now that I've got an 8" dvd player in the front with both my 9" DVD player head rests in the second row to keep the 2 year old occupied.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In June 2020, I purchased some pedal covers from eBay and installed them. Very nice and easy install as you just remove the old rubber pedal covers and slide these ones on. I'm really liking the look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In June 2020, I was driving from a place just outside of Winnipeg when the vehicle suddenly goes into limp mode on the highway. Limped home in 2nd gear. Ended up costing my roughly $4000 dollars. I emailed the "warranty" and received a reply that I didn't have a warranty and that the dealer that sold it to me didn't pay for the warranty. I emailed the dealer to no avail and tried to go the the place with a locked door to greet me. Found a lot of really bad feedback left about the place where people were threatened when they tried to complain. :oops:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In July 2020, I received the window rain guards and the hood deflector package I ordered from Korea on eBay. I like how the hood deflector isn't too noticeable like the other ones that look way too big.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the oil changed and the shop recommended changing my sway bar link ends. I purchased the parts and installed them myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In August 2020, I purchased some 255/55r18 BF Goodrich KO2's for the winter as the Lauffenn's I had were not very good in the winter, plus these looked way more agressive that the Laufenn's (yes, I know. The wheels are dirty). :cry:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In August 2020, I ordered some molded splash guards from China and finally got a guy to ship me a set up factory step bars for $100 plus $50 shipping. I couldn't believe my luck as I was saving up for some step bars on eBay and they were roughly $500 with shipping.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like the look of the molded splash guards and the step bars. It will really help when my wife drives this as she has a tendency to curb my wheels or the side of my vehicle, Lol (yes, I probably should've washed my vehicle before taking pictures. I was too excited to post these to Instagram).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like how comfortable the Santa Fe is on the highway. It's so nice to drive. I drove to Hecla Island Provincial Park.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In October 2020, I swapped out the 20's for my 18's to get ready for winter. Love how these wheels look with the more aggressive tread.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Swapped out the head light bulbs. I won't talk about how they sucked since that's a moot subject and has been beaten to death on this forum. Purchased some LED bulbs on eBay and I'm not sure how much of a difference they made versus the Silverstar Ultra's I had installed. You be the judge. The left side are the Silverstar Ultra's and the right are the LED bulbs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Purchased a roof cargo box for $280 from PrincessAuto during the Christmas holidays
. Great price since the Thule's that were the same size was roughly $700. Just plowing through the snow with my BF Goodrich tires. These tires are awesome on snow and ice. They grip very well on ice and plow through the snow easily. Very happy with these tires.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In January 2021, I found a set of 265/50r20 Tri Ace Pioneer M/T's on Marketplace for $500. I was thinking about installing them on my DVinci's but something popped up on Marketplace that I thought looked better than what I had.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
By the end of January, I had found the wheels I wanted. I found a set of 20"x9" VCT Sabatini wheels for $600 that had a set of 255/45r20 Toyo Proxes sport tires. Ended up swapping the Tri Ace's on and am super ecstatic with how the wheels look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I installed the VCT wheels to see the fitment issues I was going to have and yes, they rubbed and tore off my splash guards and knocked the plastic fender trim off from bouncing all over Winnipeg's glorious pot hole ridden streets (in the last photo, you'll notice that the front of the plastic fender trim is sticking out from hitting a pot hole). I ended up taking them off that same day and contemplated selling them as I wasn't sure how I was going to fit these wheels. :cry:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was floating around the forum when I happened upon a post by @mogleybear. Santa Fe XL Bull Bar post peaked my curiousity and I found a site that actually had a bull bar that wasn't a $1000 to ship to my house. I purchased a Vanguard bull bar from the CARID link @mogleybear posted and installed it on my Santa fe in April 2021 with the retro pay I got from my raise at work (Thanks to the wife for letting my use it to buy it. Lol). Cost me about $500 with shipping but they didn't send me any instructions on how to install it. @mogleybear sent me some instructions for the Blackhorse bull bar that worked perfectly (thanks, @mogleybear). Bought a set of 4 LED lights from PrincessAuto and installed 2 of them on the bull bar. I think it looks good.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts