Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i decided to drive out to Jersey for the first time in a while, and on the way there I realized that my bluetooth wasn't connecting/pairing with my phone. Not a big bother, I'll figure it out when I reach my destination and play with my car.
When I turned the car off and on, I also realized that the stereo system did not turn on automatically (my stereo is always on, so it should always turn on automatically) and that all my radio presets were gone and had returned to factory defaults.
I got back to New York pretty late so I decided to stop by the dealer today and they said theyd never seen anything like it. Bringing the car back tomorrow and picking up a loaner. Hopefully all goes well with my baby :)

So question(s):
Has this happened to anyone? What did you do about it?
Do they charge you for a loaner car? And typically is it the same model car that you got from the dealer?

Thanks a bunch in advance :)

·
22,793 Posts
I haven't had this happen and sorry you're experiencing it. Warranty will get you back into the tunes in short order.

A loaner will be at the discretion of the dealer. "Usually," they don't charge for this service. But they may. So, prepare yourself for this eventuality.

It's possible that your repair can be fixed within a reasonable time. If so, you may be joining others in the waiting room. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The 2 times I received a loaner car from the dealer I was only told to return it with the full tank of gas that it was given to me with. I was given a Santa Fe as a loaner, its pretty much whatever they have on hand.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
At the fuse box location you'll see a on/off selector switch. Make sure it's set to the "on" position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2 times I received a loaner car from the dealer I was only told to return it with the full tank of gas that it was given to me with. I was given a Santa Fe as a loaner, its pretty much whatever they have on hand.
If I'm under 25 and am not the person who signed the lease, do I need to bring the person who signed it? I'm assuming its a whole liability thing, right?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Looks like you have a weak point feeding the radio from the BATTERY lead (MEMORY)

It can be the fuse, the connector at the back of the radio or even a weak soldering point on the radio motherboard.

Dealer will find out...;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had my radio shut down completely. No audio whatsoever. However if a call was placed via bluetooth, the mic still worked and I could be heard.

Dealership did a hard reset in order to fix it.

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
If I'm under 25 and am not the person who signed the lease, do I need to bring the person who signed it? I'm assuming its a whole liability thing, right?
Nope you should be fine as long as your mom, dad, uncle, cousin, dog or whoever signed the lease authorized you to bring the car in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts