Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the posts on "wandering"and contributed to some. Had steering set to "Sport" and alignment tospecs recommended. And all helped by still had "wandering", infact to the point that I thought of selling, but I really like the vehicle/options,etc.

So, here is the rest of the story. Irecently had car inspected and was told I would need tires next time. SOI decide to get tires at an independent shop with a excellent rep. I toldthem about my problem during the purchase and also had them do analignment. BTW got General Altimax R43 205/65/16 installed. Afterwaiting about an hour or so, noticed my car being driven away out of the garagebay. I asked the salesperson, do you normally test drive cars after newtires and alignment. He said yes we do in fact he may take the car outseveral times after coming back and making adjustments. I said never hadthat done in all the years I purchased tires and alignments. Forum members Ican not believe how different the Sonata is and how straight it drives....itnever behaved like this even when new...….it's now a keeper for sure.

So besides the "Sport" setting, playing with PSI, get a tire alignment from a shop that takes the time and care and does it right!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like you may have had a broken or separated belt. Remember tire technology hit its apex in the 90s. It’s been straight downhill ever since. A bad belt can make your vehicle do all sorts of stupid things and not all the time either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
424 Posts
BTW got General Altimax RT43 205/65/16 installed.

I've really enjoyed these tires on mine too. I did upsize the sidewall slightly to 50 instead of the stock 45 on the 18 inch rims, and these are amazing for the 5K miles I have put on them so far. Great traction in one heavy snowfall we had before Spring, great in the rain and they absorb bumps well on the lousy roads we have around here. They may be a trifle on the louder side but that's really minor compared to the performance out of these.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Alignment is important. OE tires are horrendous. My 2011 became a new car when the Hankooks were recycled.

Every shop that I've ever gone to would test drive after an alignment.

Reactions: dreamtheaterr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.