Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like impossible but it happened. I went to dealership today just for regular oil change. After 20km, it stalled when approaching a stop sign. I saw CEL, engine oil light, battery light, etc. but had no time to take a picture. I restarted the car and it runs fine and has no CEL. It has 3.5L V6. This never happened for 100,000km within 8 years. I will go back to the dealership tomorrow. What can go wrong during an oil change? Is this just coincidence? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
May have nothing to do with your problem but I make it a habit to check the oil level after I get home! You will be surprised, found it low 3/4 of a qt or overfilled.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
That generation is known to have a stalling problem. The engine was dropped in the next gen likely because of it. Many posts on it here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine is like that too and I know my oil level is good because I do my own oil changes. Mine would stall only during warm/hot months, never in the winter.

It would stall just like you mentioned. Approaching a Stop or Yield sign and car is still in motion, very slow motion and when I'm ready to take off and pressed on the gas...nothing. Re-start car and everything is good again, just like it never happened.

To this day I still don't know what or how it happened. It will stall about a handful of times in the entire year. I won't stall (knock on wood) when car is in motion or when RPM is higher than idle speed.

If you are able to find a solution, please post it here. I know a lot of people are looking for a solution.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went back to the dealer and they checked oil level. They said it had nothing to do with the oil change, which I agree. I keep thinking if I hadn't done the oil change that day, would it still stall at the same stop sign on that day. Anyway, they want $120 to scan the code to which I said no. I went home to scan it myself. Only 2 SRS DTC codes: B1493 and B2502. And one ABS DTC code C1643. Any correlation?

Also I went thru that big thread of 3.5 engine stalling. There's no conclusion yet, right?

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The Bcodes point to Airbags issues if I’m not mistaken. The C code is an intake issue maybe MAS air flow sensor and TB cleaning. Sometimes the C1643 is an 02 sensor. Clean the TB and MAF sensor with the MAF sensor cleaner for 15 bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts