Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 hyundai santa fe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car is shutting off when I make a left turn. I find that slightly turning left going extremely slow has helped but now I cant drive on avenues or boulevards because of this issue. I dont want it shutting off where heavy traffic is usually. She turns back on no issues. Lights seem to stay on. I did realize that after the mechanic replaced the control arms there was a big thump on the right hand side but no sign of anything ,according to him. My friend just took a look and he sees the strut mount is busted but until we wait for that piece he doesn't think that would be the cause for it turning off like that. Any ideas ? Low on funds since the darn control arm issue occured.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
So my car is shutting off when I make a left turn. I find that slightly turning left going extremely slow has helped but now I cant drive on avenues or boulevards because of this issue. I dont want it shutting off where heavy traffic is usually. She turns back on no issues. Lights seem to stay on. I did realize that after the mechanic replaced the control arms there was a big thump on the right hand side but no sign of anything ,according to him. My friend just took a look and he sees the strut mount is busted but until we wait for that piece he doesn't think that would be the cause for it turning off like that. Any ideas ? Low on funds since the darn control arm issue occured.
Do you have a 2.7 engine? If you've never replaced your Crank Position Sensor, you ought to take a look at it. The wiring right behind the sensor has it's insulation break off and then short the wires together turning your car off. If you have the 2.7, it's above the starter. Kind of hard to get to, but doable on a DIY attempt.

·
Registered
2003 hyundai santa fe
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a 2.7 engine? If you've never replaced your Crank Position Sensor, you ought to take a look at it. The wiring right behind the sensor has it's insulation break off and then short the wires together turning your car off. If you have the 2.7, it's above the starter. Kind of hard to get to, but doable on a DIY attempt.
Hey yes it is 2.7L sorry for late reply.i will definitely check in the morning thank you so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts