Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, so if this is in the wrong place I apologize. I'm not very handy, so I'm not sure where to go with my questions as most mechanics around me are closed today on Saturday.

I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster, and currently I'm having a multitude of issues. It started with just my ABS and Traction Control lights being on. The car drove just fine. Then, the brake light came on. Then, the check engine light. Now, the tire pressure light and the EPS light have both came on at the same time. Now, the speedometer is completely broken and stays at 0, and the gas gauge is being very weird by jumping up and down.

Everyone around me has been telling me it was a wheel speed sensor, so I went and pulled the code. Sure enough, I got code C1200 "Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Open/Short". I also got C2402 "ABS Pump Motor Voltage Fault". I then immediately bought a replacement wheel speed sensor and changed it out. It did nothing to the lights. I looked at the fuses, and saw that the ABS fuse was blown. I bought a new fuse, replaced it, and then the ABS module started smoking. I looked and essentially the connector look fried, so I now know that the ABS module needs to be replaced.

But the ABS module by itself wouldn't cause these issues with the speedometer, tire pressure light, check engine light, and EPS light, correct? Does it sound like some kind of wiring issue as well? Does this sort of thing, having around 6 lights on, even sound like it can be fixed?

Thank you for any responses. Again, sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place. First time poster.
Speedometer Odometer Car Tachometer Trip computer

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,163 Posts
But the ABS module by itself wouldn't cause these issues with the speedometer, tire pressure light, check engine light, and EPS light, correct?
Incorrect.
All the control modules on the car are connected together on a computer network called CAN BUS. If the faulty ABS module had interrupted the flow of data on the network it will cause faults in all the other modules connected to it.

then the ABS module started smoking.
FYI, I've read that there is a big Hyundai recall ongoing in the USA due to potential ABS module fires. You should maybe check to see if your car is part of it. And you should probably report this incident on the NHTSA vehicle safety hotline too.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Here's the website to check for recalls:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incorrect.
All the control modules on the car are connected together on a computer network called CAN BUS. If the faulty ABS module had interrupted the flow of data on the network it will cause faults in all the other modules connected to it.

FYI, I've read that there is a big Hyundai recall ongoing in the USA due to potential ABS module fires. You should maybe check to see if your car is part of it. And you should probably report this incident on the NHTSA vehicle safety hotline too.

It's not a recall unfortunately, but I did report it. I've called a few shops and apparently only Hyundai will be able to replace it because it has to be reprogrammed. The dealership near me is charging a fortune to do it. Is there any other way, or do you think I may have to just fork it up for this?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,163 Posts
Is there any other way
If you replace the module with a used one from another Veloster with the same ABS system as yours I don't think the module would need to be coded. Because both cars will have the same components, so will have the same coding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts