Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I would like to start off by saying thanks, you guys have already helped me replace the crank and cam sensors and do the timing belt lol. I have searched the 5th gen Sonata threads for this problem and cannot find it so here goes:

1)After pushing the unlock button on the fob, the alarm will re-arm after 30 seconds EVEN if driver door is opened. A second door, (doesn't matter which) must be opened as well or the alarm will re-arm even while driving

2) no audio feedback for locking or unlocking, just lights flash (this one may be by design, but if so that is weak)

3) shifting into or out of park does not lock or unlock the doors (supposed to happen, right?)

4) dash digital clock resets at random intervals (once a day or few times a week)

I have a feeling that this is all related to the alarm/electrical system in some way, but I am no expert, and thus throw myself on the mercy of this forum. Personally, I think it needs a priest more than a mechanic (read exorcism)

Thanks again!

·
22,793 Posts
:00000732: Welcome to the forums. I'll defer to the 2004 Sonata gurus.

Regarding the lock/unlock comment. The newer models offered today have a dealer programmable feature. A variety of options set to the former owner's personal preference. This may be the case.

No need for an exorcism. The car starts, runs, stops, does what you ask on command, yes? Besides, a gremlin or two lends character. :amen: But not the kind that drives you over the wall. :grin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Both of my 2003 sonata's don't make any noise when locking/unlocking. Only flashing lights. Weak? Yes. Big deal? No. Additionally, the doors do NOT lock/unlock when shifting into or out of park. This was not an option from what I have been able to find out. I'm going to check my cars to see if the driver door being open matters but I know that if a door is not opened the alarm will re-arm itself. Maybe the door contact for the alarm is bad? The clock resetting sounds like an electrical issue to me not related to the alarm but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agree with silversonatasurfer's comments.

Only quirk I have seen is that when I remove key and exit vehicle, sometimes the doors lock automatically and sometimes they do not lock unless I press the lock button. Not sure why this occurs nor have I spent time trying to figure it out. Maybe I am doing something different that I do not realize.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as Shpid0inkle. My Sonata is 2003 and I do have the following problem too;

1)After pushing the unlock button on the fob, the alarm will re-arm after 30 seconds EVEN if driver door is opened. A second door, (doesn't matter which) must be opened as well or the alarm will re-arm even while driving

2) no audio feedback for locking or unlocking, just lights flash (this one may be by design, but if so that is weak)

3) shifting into or out of park does not lock or unlock the doors (supposed to happen, right?)

4) dash digital clock resets at random intervals (once a day or few times a week)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For
1) I replace the battery and new cable and that seems to fix the problem.
2) I don't have that problem
3) It happens once a while, I check/change the fuse and that solve it
4) I change the fuse and that fix the problem for 3 days then it happens again.

_-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today , my car's engine lights suddenly turn on and it went dead....I can't turn the car back on.

I jumped the car but It won't start. I check all the oil and fluid, and all are good. I spread some starter fluid to the intake and started it. It seems to work for 1/2 sec then Die again

Anyone have any clue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts