Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Multi Box" is how Hyundai calls that small compartment on the lower left of the dashboard, where I throw in change, whenever I get it.... So today, coming out from a store with small change, I opened it, and the whole thing just came out.... I tried placing it back, but was not able to.... Anybody has any experience with this small box detaching? The manual (page 75) shows nothing about pulling it out....

....And if it's broken, wouldn't it be covered under the warranty (and I have Hyundai's extended....)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had to replace mine. I can't remember how it broke, but I remember fiddling with it just before it broke. When I had to remove the driver's knee panel that it's attached to I could see how it was broken and how easy it would be to install a new one. I think it was a whole $20 and took 5 minutes to replace. I haven't used it since. YMMV

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't spend much time, I admit.... This morning in broad daylight I looked inside again, and noticed it is attached with 2 plastic hinges at the bottom, but it was so cold and windy outside I didn't want to fiddle with it with the door open... Later this evening I will try to push the cover down, connect it to those hinges again....

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, with a bit of patience and some force, I was finally able to push the darn thing back in place, snap the 2 parts of the bottom hinges together. I think there was too much money there and the exessive weight made it snap out.

I should really start investing my money.

·
Registered
213 Posts
QUOTE (mamamia @ Apr 26 2010, 08:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317133
OK, with a bit of patience and some force, I was finally able to push the darn thing back in place, snap the 2 parts of the bottom hinges together. I think there was too much money there and the exessive weight made it snap out.

I should really start investing my money.
Let me know where you park your car...I'll lighten up that multi box

Seriously, glad you got it back together...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
These are covered under the B-B warranty? Mine has been duct taped closed for quite awhile. :whistling:
My aftermarket warranty doesn't cover these kind of things.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (craigbrooks @ Apr 26 2010, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317153
These are covered under the B-B warranty? Mine has been duct taped closed for quite awhile. :whistling:
They are or they aren't, and I understand in advance if you don't answer my question? First of all as we know, there is no

B to B Warranty that comes with the Sonata. Basically if you break it, you pay for it. During the first year of the "Limited" Warranty,

(and it is limited) most Dealers will do adjustments for free. Programming of the Car is another Story. I doubt most Aftermarket plans

pay for these type of repairs. They do like to use the word "Virtually" every part is covered. Gives them a lot of wiggle room :thumbsup:

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (craigbrooks @ Apr 26 2010, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317153
Craig, Check underneath the cover, there are 2 plastic female "hinges" that the cover needs to snap into.... It took me some time to check (had to take the cover almost all the way out, there is some kind of a wire on the right side but the left side comes out), and use some force to snap the bottom together, but I managed ---- and it's working now....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts