Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car has some fairly ugly silver trim pieces around the wheel wells and along the edges of the door vertically.
I wanted to get some oem mud guards but I am a little concerned that since they look like they sort of wrap around the body (from inside the well to the side of the car) they will overlap the molding.
I would just take those things off, but scared that it will mar up the paint underneath.
Any one have any experience with removing stuff like that? I guess I could carefully cut only the part that interferes or maybe buy the rally armor style ones. Would the original screws be long enough if I go that route? I think the oem come with ones that are longer.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
just take off the chrome trim, clean up any sticky residue with wd40 then polish the car in that area to clean it up.

yes rally armor mud flaps work with the oem screws, the oem flaps do not come with any screws they just use the ones that are already there. universal rally armors do require some trimming on the inside but thats not to hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts