Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washing the car the other day, I noticed a number of small chips in the sill area just behind the front nearside wheel.
This is only in the underseal stuff, not the painted area above, but it appears mud flaps would be a good idea before it worsens.
My wifes Amica has them as standard, and I have seen these on E.bay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Seem a bit pricey for what they are, but if I don't fit them, it will cost a lot more in the future.
Anyone else finding the same problem, or know of OE fit flaps for a better price. ?
S.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I treated myself to a set soon after I got my car, before I got them the muck from the road used to end up all down the side of the car, now its much better. yes they are expensive for 4 bits of rubber but they are contoured and fit the car nicely, other after market flaps all seem to be flat and I think dont look anywhere near as good as these.

Fitting them is easy if a bit fiddly, you need a very short screwdriver for the fronts after turning the wheel to give you space but I gave up on the rears and took the wheels off one at a time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

funny that it differs so much between markets. We get the front mudflaps here in Sweden as standard. But nothing at the rear....

PS. Have You seen the tiny rubber flaps in front of the rear wheels on the upgraded 2010 1/2-model ? Said to lowerfuel-consumption by steering airstream better under the car. Just wonder if they can be available for fittment on older cars ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
In Norway we got back and front as standard on all modells.. But again, just speakers in front.. Wouldnt it be cheaper for them to make the same car to all countries??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Having checked the Hyundai website, the i20 mudflaps
do look quite neat. The retail cost is around £40 which
isn't too bad. I note that there are some screw in the
wheel arches - I assume this is where the flaps would fit.
Might treat myself at the first service!

Lester..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gave in and bought the ones in the Ebay link in my first post, genuine Hyundai parts made in Belgium.
I made a best offer and got them for £30 plus £4 P&P, I must admit I am glad I did get the proper ones, they were a doddle to fit.
Ten minutes max, and look the buiness.
S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts