Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put these on a '17 or '18 Elantra? Nice that they have "Elantra" printed on them. They bolt into the factory holes without having to drill new ones.

Are they comparable to the Roadsport Pro-Fit or Rally Armor splash guards?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I have. they are a little thinner and lighter than the OEM flaps. three of the four fit easily enough but mounting the last has left just a few millimeters of space off the fender shield, so it's not perfectly flush.. Definitely not OEM quality but they are a cheap alternative, once you don't look too closely.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Have a long history with Pro-Fits, sure last a lot longer than road salt with the rest of the car.

Here is a stupid question, how can they even sell a car with the tires sticking out past the wheel wells where stones can put all kinds of dents in your doors and rear bumper. Pro-Fits are extra large.

For attaching the shields to that thin plastic wheel well, use pushpin plastic rivets, last forever, steel rusts out and end on the road.

·
22,788 Posts
Installed OEM’s on my ‘17. Sexy little guys. I personally like the look, as well as the functionality as Nick stated. Sure stops any loose gravel from flying up and dinging your paint finish behind the tires.

Mudguards are one of those little touches that completes the look. And @NicholasD is right: “Who releases a vehicle off the assembly line with these rolled in genders and no protection offered?” I think I paid about $68 for the complete F & R sets. OUCH! But if you care about your investment, what’s the alternative?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the plastic rivets are all that's needed to install? I wonder how it would differ to use the Pro-Fit 6400 KT installation kit (product #041-8724-2), $14.59 at Amazon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts