Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I'm new here and also kind of a noob to the whole diy auto stuff as well.

I'm wanting to change my manual transmission fluid in my 2005 Hyundai Accent but have no real clue as to how to start. I've seen a couple of diagrams that would seem to suggest removing a bolt or two for draining but I'm at a real loss when it comes to getting the new fluid in. I'm also not sure how much I need? I've seen a couple different places say just over 2 quarts but it would be helpful to find some documentation (i have none) with a more exact amount.

If anyone has done this before that has a few pics to show me what and where things needs to go it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you can just point me towards the right resource that would be great also.

Thanks everyone!
KM

·
Registered
305 Posts
Oh man...I read the title as Male to Female change question...I guess that's what happens when you hang out in San Francisco.

Like many on here, I would look at putting in Red Line MTF ( MT-90 ) if you can afford it. If your area is like mine, there isn't a whole lot of GF-4 fluid that is generally available. I've used Red Line on my previous three cars and each one had significantly better shifting action with the switch. I'm not real high on the OEM semi-synthetic or some of the GF-4 products that you might be able to get at the auto parts store. I feel it's worth the extra money for the Red Line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts