Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

I am thinking about installing an MSD BTM ignition on my G4EK (1500) for circuit racing. I have removed the entire harness and left sensors. I want to convert to Carb and run the MSD for ignition, hopefully via coil packs as found in the 1998 accent gt. My questions are.. can i run the magnetic pick up from the CPS on the transmission directly to the MSD then out to the coil packs without any problems. Will the signal from the CPS be enough to trigger the MSD in that format.

All info and advice accepted.. Val your input would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can say AEM, Apexi and Megasquirt work perfect with the CPS sensor...so I think MSD should also do it...why you want to convert to carb? the ignition coil pack from Accent will work its the same as on scoupe with wasted spark...but thats only 2 coils for 4 plugs^^

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the conversion to carb seemed to be the easiest way out for budget racing considering the computer is not being used.If there was a way i could use the basic msd i have and also acquire the necessary signal for the injectors , i would. If you have any suggestions pls say. cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the MSD will cost me nothing because i had one lying around for a bit from another project and it wasnt used.. therefore i am looking to make use of it.. And yes i can solder so what would u recommend with the MSD. i have the older MSD Boost Timing Master. I think it is from the % series.. Part #5462

1 - 5 of 5 Posts