Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
From another forum

"I have the 2011 Sonata Hybrid Premium (with Nav) and I am looking to change the fuel economy gauges from MPG to L/100KM. Does anyone know how to do it."

MPG to L/100KM - 2011 Sonata Hybrid - MyHyundaiForums.com
Formula:
lp100km = 100 * lpg / kmpm * mpg

definitions:
lp100km=liters per 100 km
mpg=miles per gallon
lpg=liters per gallon (US) = 3.785411784
kmpm=kilometers per mile = 1.609344

Example:
My Fuelly says 45.4 MPG so by plugging it into the formula I get:
378.5411784 / 73.0642176 = 5.1809

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He wants the Nav display to show it not do the math.

How about you Canadian's, Ausie's or European's how is your Nav screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there...So, I posted this question to Hyundai Canada, and received a response today. Here is what they said:

Thank you for contacting Hyundai Auto Canada. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have verified with our technicians who have confirmed that this is unfortunately part of the software, and the reading on the console cannot be changed to reflect the fuel consumption in litres per 100 km.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further questions.

Bloody annoying...but there it is...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Here is what they said:

We have verified with our technicians who have confirmed that this is unfortunately part of the software, and the reading on the console cannot be changed to reflect the fuel consumption in litres per 100 km.

Bloody annoying...but there it is...
Best thing to do is go to this website, make a hard copy & put it in the center console.

L/100 km to MPG or MPG to L/100 km Fuel / Gas Efficiency / Consumption Conversion Chart / Table (Miles per US gallon to liters per 100 kilometers )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts